ASrod

Late June/Early July 2019

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I’ve been fishing every day around Calvert County and the fishing has been absolutely terrible.. Croaker are biting anything you throw and they’re being caught by the dozen in the Patuxent but they’re all 6” long or less... I thought I did something unusual when I caught tiny croaker but then they just kept coming....

Spot and white perch are around but I’m yet to see anyone catch a striper bigger than 15”... Are any of you catching anything?

In the picture is a typical croaker....

C7623BBC-6B46-422D-84E9-E51DD892D82B.png

Last week I’ve caught several short stripers (less than 19”), a 12” white perch which is the biggest I’ve ever caught and on a 8/0 circle hook, and of course a lot of catfish! All from a pier.

56 mins ago, rdiezel said:

Last week I’ve caught several short stripers (less than 19”), a 12” white perch which is the biggest I’ve ever caught and on a 8/0 circle hook, and of course a lot of catfish! All from a pier.

All is right in the world. I got a 24”

CE2F72DC-0602-4903-999E-85030D14B72E.jpeg

57 mins ago, rdiezel said:

All is right in the world. I got a 24”

27 mins ago, rdiezel said:

You’re plugging from shore?

Bucktail from a pier. Could’ve reached it from the shore though. Left my waders at home because I didn’t think I’d try for bass.

8 mins ago, ASrod said:

Bucktail from a pier. Could’ve reached it from the shore though. Left my waders at home because I didn’t think I’d try for bass.

That’s pretty cool, I’ve been trying to do some wading but am without a car right now.  It would be nice to cast in some shallow water and catch a keeper like that.

Posted (edited) · Report post

27 mins ago, rdiezel said:

That’s pretty cool, I’ve been trying to do some wading but am without a car right now.  It would be nice to cast in some shallow water and catch a keeper like that.

With the storm today I wasn’t sure I’d get anything but it was quite a bit of fun to get a nice striper. Hopefully they’ll be  coming in bigger numbers.

Edited by ASrod

16 hours ago, ASrod said:

With the storm today I wasn’t sure I’d get anything but it was quite a bit of fun to get a nice striper. Hopefully they’ll be  coming in bigger numbers.

Big ones are up north already

Alright so a week later and the baitfish are absolutely everywhere but nothing is eating and I suspect it’s the very warm water temps. I have been catching white perch and a catfish on small spinners though.