ksong

Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods arrived

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ksong said:

Did you get the rod ?

Yes. I got the rod yesterday. It looks like a fantastic rod. 

But sadly, I am not driving down to Los Barriles as planned. Between the risk of being stuck there during hurricane season and some things that have come up with work, it’s not the best time for me to go there right now. 

I am going to drive up to the Bay Area and spend a few days surf fishing for stripers. I think I may need to return this rod. When I reach the Bay Area, I am going to look at the Black Hole Rods at New Coastside Tackle in Pacifica and see if I can find something a little more useful for NorCal and SoCal surf fishing. 

1 hour ago, ksong said:

If you want to return the rod, don't use it. In Once you use the rod, you can not replace it 

Yes, thanks. I haven’t used it. I only took it out of the bubble wrap to look at it. It’s very nice. I am going to send it back through fed ex exactly the way it was packaged and shipped to me. 

I am hoping a black hole rod that I feel I would be able to use around SoCal beaches catches my eye when I go up to Pacifica. 

On 7/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, SoCalStripers said:

I just sent the rod back through fedex. 

It cost $58.73. Couldn’t believe it was so much since it was in a really light cardboard box and only about 7’ long. Oh well! 

We charge shipping for $25 and we pay a lot more. :)

Check Black Hole Suzuki rods at Coastside Tackle in CA. The rods are very popular among striper fishermen in San Francisco area.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, SoCalStripers said:

Yes, thanks. I haven’t used it. I only took it out of the bubble wrap to look at it. It’s very nice. I am going to send it back through fed ex exactly the way it was packaged and shipped to me. 

I am hoping a black hole rod that I feel I would be able to use around SoCal beaches catches my eye when I go up to Pacifica. 

make sure to call ahead mark at coastside  for his hours.