bob_G

Canal scup

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

41 mins ago, b-ware said:

I wonder if threads like this are part of the problem at the Cape Cod Canal????????????????

We now all should come to the realization that any mention of actual fishing situations inside the canal or along it borders will be a spot burn in my humble opinion. If we are going to complain or bitch about what ever is going on no matter what it may be, it does need to include is an in direct indication of what is going on and those looking in will be able to identify the place it is happening and only bring more . You want to indicate how to catch them that is fine , but when you throw in the area or places they are being caught you change the whole perspective to a spot burn and you will be bringing more to an already damaging situation as one can see by the recent Numbers of those fishing for bass. What will happen when the Bonito show up? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

30 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

We now all should come to the realization that any mention of actual fishing situations inside the canal or along it borders will be a spot burn in my humble opinion. If we are going to complain or bitch about what ever is going on no matter what it may be, it does need to include is an in direct indication of what is going on and those looking in will be able to identify the place it is happening and only bring more . You want to indicate how to catch them that is fine , but when you throw in the area or places they are being caught you change the whole perspective to a spot burn and you will be bringing more to an already damaging situation as one can see by the recent Numbers of those fishing for bass. What will happen when the Bonito show up? 

If and when the bonito show up, we'll be sure to wake you up so you're aware if it. Then we'll await some more of your inciteful observations. 

Edited by bob_G

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

I wonder if threads like this are part of the problem at the Cape Cod Canal????????????????

Interesting comment coming from someone who makes part of his living selling lures specifically designed for the canal. 

11 hours ago, bob_G said:

If and when the bonito show up, we'll be sure to wake you up so you're aware if it. Then we'll await some more of your inciteful observations. 

Bob, Glad you appreciate my incitfeful commentary in regards to  the recent many burning of locations you have been fishing. and complaining about. We can all do this in a better manner so that we do not continue to complain, while at the same time tell the general audience where to go and add to the frustration to those who work at trying to do the right thing. Was it not bad enough that given the limited places one can catch scup for example and has been closed to night fishing to all that has been going on. To now  place more pressure to the folks who may fish it in the daylight for some thing else that they have worked for to enjoy. You can rest assure no one will need to wake me up when the Bonito show up, if they do this year? 

14 hours ago, bob_G said:

Interesting comment coming from someone who makes part of his living selling lures specifically designed for the canal. 

Really Bob, please explain this comment more......…….. And what lures do I make specifically for the canal?????????????

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bernie,

With all due respect. I have no issues with you or your jigs. Hell, I use your jigs. I caught fish on your jigs last night. Your jigs are almost universally used throughout the canal. That's great. :th:

But I make an innocent comment that there's scup in the canal and I'm suddenly the bad guy? I'm the problem? Really?

Edited by bob_G

The canal hmmmm is that near the cape I heard a rumour it exists but thought it was a mythical place..lol.. lighten up people..it's not exactly a secret place