Bmac1131

Weather/Tide Apps

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

What is everyone's "go-to" app for the local so. county weather and tides? I've been using just the usual weather channel app and Tide Graph app, but not sure if you all have any recommendations on something you have found very reliable/accurate in forecasting?  I'm hoping to find ways to better plan trips...the past few times I've ended up fishing the exact same end of high tide and haven't had any luck, so hoping if I fine tune my trips based on better weather/tide data I can be more successful.  Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited) · Report post

While I use them in Florida, they are national. So another vote for Tides Near Me and I will throw in Windfinder Pro. Best I can tell, Windfinder claims to have 44 locations in the RI region, though not all coastal. 

42F9FCF8-E99B-40A3-BCE3-5182314BDDAE.png.0a040b3b36774558f5fb753eb26d5419.png

Edited by tomkaz

I recently downloaded an app called AyeTides. It seems to work pretty well. I cant verify the accuracy because I just got it. It cost me a few bucks but its work it because it also has many locations where the current speed is displayed as well. Only downfall is that it doesn't have a graph for the tides

For weather radar, I like radarscopepro. Has a nice feature where the future cell track on Tstorms are plotted. Here's an example of TS Barry coming into the coast this morning 

20190713_063826.jpg.a62a4ff6dc43a96b1db4f91b45535174.jpg20190713_063754.jpg.45be8493e65342e3dfeadf0289619926.jpg

Do any of these weather radar apps work well while on the water and there isn’t a very good cellular signal?  I use the weather channel and my radar and they both can be pretty useless without a near perfect cell service.