gill

East Beach

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Anyone out there over the weekend see the jeep wrangler on fire?  Trying to figure out what happened.  Was sitting on a flatbed at the sand trail entrance with the front end totally cooked, owner with face in palm.

Posted (edited) · Report post

One of the guys that works for me was down there. The trail was closed for 1.5 hours  I guess it happened at 2nd campground and all the campers out there used up all the fire extinguishers they had.

IMG_4675001.jpg

Edited by borntafish
Added Photo

4 hours ago, borntafish said:

One of the guys that works for me was down there. The trail was closed for 1.5 hours  I guess it happened at 2nd campground and all the campers out there used up all the fire extinguishers they had.

IMG_4675001.jpg

Yep that's the one.  Wonder how it happened.  I'd assume the tow out cost a G or so.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah does not look like a fun tow... 

Looks as though the tractor had to drag that thing in reverse the whole way down the sand trail and not to mention, the 2nd campground is way far out there.

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

Several years ago we fished the soft side of the breachway, leaving around midnight to return to Narragansett. As we approached the East Beach parking lot, we saw a sedan occupied  by four drunks buried in sand at the entrance of the trail.

We contacted the police, who in turn called a tow truck that would only tow for cash. The waiting game turned into hours until the police told us to drive the beach where the chain at the Blue Shutters was unlocked. So we had to dig out and replant some barrier posts, drive the beach, and make our way. Instead of getting home at 12:30 AM, we were home around 4:30. What a night!

according to research only .00001 % of jeeps ever make it off road. 

they are the salt life sticker of vehicles. 

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

according to research only .00001 % of jeeps ever make it off road. 

they are the salt life sticker of vehicles. 

They are just a pretty rag soaked with linseed. Checked out the recalls and this isn't the first one that tried to broil it's cool n' trendy owner.