Ivan AUS

Surf distance casting rod help

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, Jcallaham said:

I suggest you go to waveinn .com and get into the surf rod section. there are 50 or more 4.25 m (14FT) surf rods in there 3 to 8oz weight range. prices range from $50.00 to a  few at $1000.00. Start out cheap say between $100 and $200. all of them have specs, look at how much the rod weighs and stay below 500gr. So far I have purchased a diawa shore cast  and an okuma . they are really fun to cast . So far waveinn is a good company to buy from, no problems. Remmember they ship from Europe, you will have to wait awhile to recieve your purchase. good luck and long casts.

I just purchased a 13'9" three-piece Spanish surf casting rod (Kali Kunnan Proton 420) from Waveinn and it was a good purchase. Frankly, I had some trepidation about dealing with a new-to-me online shop. However, I promptly got an online tracking number and email notifications as the package moved through the mail The rod arrived undamaged from Europe after only 10 days, having been well packed in a solid document tube with blister wrap. I'll review the rod itself in a few weeks once I've had a chance to throw some 3, 4, 6, and 8 oz sinkers on a local field, but initial quality looks good for the $45 I paid.