salvadore33

Reel use at the cape cod canal

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, ged said:

The ZX27 has 40 IPT. Plenty fast for the canal, plus the drag and gears to handle jigging fish in the canal. 

I would not reccomend buying a ZB just for jigging, but you already have one so I would use it. 

I have a 25 spool on it. I figure for 300 I could get a 27 spool or I could get a Saragossa. I mainly fish my zeebaas on my century stealth so it would be cool to plug with that at canal an jig with jigster. Jigster great all around rod but pluggin on stealth is way better for what I mainly throw. 

12 mins ago, Jturnbull said:

I have a 25 spool on it. I figure for 300 I could get a 27 spool or I could get a Saragossa. I mainly fish my zeebaas on my century stealth so it would be cool to plug with that at canal an jig with jigster. Jigster great all around rod but pluggin on stealth is way better for what I mainly throw. 

That makes sense. 

22 hours ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Fish away from crowds and use whatever you want.  There, canal standards eliminated.

old saying..... " fish smarter, not harder".......even away from crowds....

14 hours ago, Jturnbull said:

i gotta disagree with you Ged,...40 in., is not plenty of retrieve,.for jigging, 40 is probby, the lowest number, for jigging, once again ,, smarter not harder....Gary i will be there this week coming, lets hook up, i call ya....