4th of July at the canal

Rate this topic

7 mins ago, bob_G said:

Wasn't that the Columbus Day Massacre of '07? :laugh:

Bob, the Columbus Day Massacre post may honestly be Terry's only canal fishing thread ever...and he posted it late in the afternoon that Thursday because I was at work and might be the only person in eastern Mass that missed out on that blitz...

Ill never understand why the people fish so tight together. Probably 100 yards away you could fish in "peace". Ill take schoolies in Maine over fighting those kinds of crowds atleast for the time being. 

Maine Surfcasters Club 

1 hour ago, Jturnbull said:

Ill never understand why the people fish so tight together. Probably 100 yards away you could fish in "peace". Ill take schoolies in Maine over fighting those kinds of crowds atleast for the time being. 

I think that a lot these new guys like to fish in a group. They all meet up together in the same spots. A lot of the groups even wear matching shirts. Gang mentality or something.  It also lets them take over entire spots. 

Just now, z-man said:

I think that a lot these new guys like to fish in a group. They all meet up together in the same spots. A lot of the groups even wear matching shirts. Gang mentality or something.  It also lets them take over entire spots. 

That's the only way to possibly do it now imo. Push away the idiot's.