4th of July at the canal

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

Kones1,

You are entitled to your opinion, but as moderator of this site, so am I. So be advised. In the last two years, and possibly more, there have been no canal reports on the Ma Forum that I'm aware of. 

In spite of incredible massacres taking place, Ma Forum nembers have shown remarkable restraint in keeping things quiet and respectful.  So point your accusatory elsewhere and not here please. :)

You can’t be actually serious to say reports haven’t  come from the canal on this site. That’s an absolute joke and a downright lie.

There’s no denying that this forum along with social media has contributed to what is currently taking place at the Ditch. 

Ok I did read this whole thing.  I grew up in Marshfield and never fished the canal till June '06. Got to know a lot of great guys that I don't see often enough for a bunch of reasons. When I do it's like we spoke 2 wks ago.  I've caught my 3 biggest fish down there that swam away.  I get to stay with a great guy and family 2 times a year and won't let me do hardly anything for them for the privilage of staying over a few nights each time, they spoil me.  Thanks Puck : )

I have yet to have a bad time on the Ditch. Granted I only get down there 4-6 times a year and usually only on weekdays.  If I get a few fish I'm more than happy, I might be batting 50/50.  I don't follow any fishing reports, although if somebody would give me a private heads up it would be greatly appreciated : )  The biggest reason I don't get down is 2 1/2 hr drive and going thru Boston.  I'll be down the begging of August.  Too bad that some people really Suck but people are people, some really do suck.  Scott

9 hours ago, rbart said:

You can’t be actually serious to say reports haven’t  come from the canal on this site. That’s an absolute joke and a downright lie.

There’s no denying that this forum along with social media has contributed to what is currently taking place at the Ditch. 

3 hours ago, Kones1 said:

All one has to do is visit this site,read between the lines and it’s fish on. 

Don't know how I missed all these reports? :huh:

The Sultan of Sluggo

Did say the last 2 years so that may be almost true. 

Riptide had one of the biggest fish killing posts here? Remember? 

If it has a negative impact on other anglers and the fish we love, then it's wrong. But even in this thread, some still are on the side of people sharing. Why?

11 mins ago, reel em in said:

Mr Moderator

The reports are there.

Not so much this year but previous years very much so. 

Oh ok, I think I understand. There were reports, a long time ago, but you can't recall any specifics. 

We'll take that under advisement. :)

The Sultan of Sluggo

9 mins ago, bob_G said:

Oh ok, I think I understand. There were reports, a long time ago, but you can't recall any specifics. 

We'll take that under advisement. :)

Not really

To much time and effort to research.

i just read and put it in memory. Lol

Maybe you can research it

Thanks for the response.

Tom

1 hour ago, fondew said:

Did say the last 2 years so that may be almost true. 

Riptide had one of the biggest fish killing posts here? Remember? 

If it has a negative impact on other anglers and the fish we love, then it's wrong. But even in this thread, some still are on the side of people sharing. Why?

I remember that post.   Went something like the "canal is on fire"

" I did my worst, but I did it well "