4th of July at the canal

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Tailslap said:

And many said the internet wouldn’t ruin fishing the Canal.  People should have had more foresight I guess. 

It was an easy decision to make based upon the normalcy of the times and a better bunch of fishermen overall. Little did we ever realize that things would go the way they have done along with the cell phone call line when the fish were in action. When you look at the scenes where every one is stacked together and casting all over the place, that would have never happened for to long in the times when I was really walking the shore lines with the likes of Bob Pond, Bob Black Peter Cochis , and Stan Gibbs and Kusia They would have gone for a swim on the second attempt.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

23 hours ago, fondew said:

So you're part of the problem

Do you believe that having the ability to recognize that overcrowded fishing areas predate the Internet by generations causes overcrowding at the canal, or that having the ability to recognize that overcrowded fishing areas predate the Internet by generations means one supports contributing to overcrowding? Curious to know precisely how dumb you are before or if I respond substantively.

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075

18 hours ago, aglenn said:

I saw a nice family BBQ down there this morning.  Tried to get in on the burgers, but no one spoke English unfortunately

too bad you don't speak any other languages

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

Overcrowding and bad fishermen behavior is nothing new on the canal. It's been going on for generations. Why do you think the ACOE installed all those gates in their parking areas?

In the late 1960s many parking areas were open to daylight hours only.  If it wasn't for a year of hard work by my sainted mother, and the help of Sen. Ted Kennedy, it might still be closed today. 

The Sultan of Sluggo

1 hour ago, gdc23 said:

I would assume a couple people running the facebook fishing groups are profiting handsomely while destroying a natural resource.

**** too. Selling the fishery for 9.99 a month like Netflix.

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker
Guess we are not allowed to say it but you all know what I'm talking about

On 7/3/2019 at 11:31 AM, bob_G said:

That's it. Area51.

Mike, I took a drive over there the other night after fishing. The scene was beyond belief.  Shoulder to shoulder on the waterline, with guys shoulder to shoulder on the road casting over them. The crossed lines were epic. The screaming and yelling made pro wrestling seem tame. Everyone running around with fish, hiding them everywhere.  At some point the police will have to intervene.

I agree with this. I was 200' down from this all week and I'm shocked i saw not one officer patrolling or inspecting anything the two weeks I was here

7 hours ago, Kones1 said:

This site has helped to ruin many fishing spots but none more so than that canal. It should be closed to fishing. 

Kones1,

You are entitled to your opinion, but as moderator of this site, so am I. So be advised. In the last two years, and possibly more, there have been no canal reports on the Ma Forum that I'm aware of. 

In spite of incredible massacres taking place, Ma Forum nembers have shown remarkable restraint in keeping things quiet and respectful.  So point your accusatory elsewhere and not here please. :)

The Sultan of Sluggo

7 hours ago, Kones1 said:

This site has helped to ruin many fishing spots but none more so than that canal. It should be closed to fishing. 

It's all SOL's fault!...LOL...

since there's been zero canal reports here this week, I assume the canal has been empty...yes?