yemista

4th of July at the canal

Rate this topic

118 posts in this topic

I want to fish the canal midday on the 4th since I have nothing to do. Will there be some type of parade or other difficulties, coming or going? Or is everyone going to be grilling making the canal a ghost town?

Just now, oldgoat said:

I'm gonna hid under the bed till Monday.

Yeah, Chatham boat ramps are the place to be. :scared:

Posted (edited) · Report post

I understand Area51 has supplanted Bell Rd as the new place to be. Sort of like the canal version of the Burning Man Festival. :fire:

Edited by bob_G

New moon tides this week. If the spot in my photo looks like this at night (I usually had it all to myself when I fished night tides) imagine what it will look like mid-day on a holiday. Put on your walking shoes and find a place without easy drive up and fish access. 

IMG_1816.JPG

15 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

New moon tides this week. If the spot in my photo looks like this at night (I usually had it all to myself when I fished night tides) imagine what it will look like mid-day on a holiday. Put on your walking shoes and find a place without easy drive up and fish access. 

IMG_1816.JPG

That's it. Area51.

Mike, I took a drive over there the other night after fishing. The scene was beyond belief.  Shoulder to shoulder on the waterline, with guys shoulder to shoulder on the road casting over them. The crossed lines were epic. The screaming and yelling made pro wrestling seem tame. Everyone running around with fish, hiding them everywhere.  At some point the police will have to intervene.

Sandwich will be having fire works at Shawme Pond, once it gets dark tomorrow . You should be able to see them at the east end on both sides, so enjoy the light show

Haha, look at all those Laptews. 

Remember that guy who always said no one was out at night. What a Nightmare now.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, yemista said:

Will there be some type of parade or other difficulties, coming or going?

It should be packed with fisherman from 4:00 - 9:00. Afternoon will probably thin out as people go to cookouts, get ready for fireworks, etc.

Edited by zak-striper