dano1089

Shimano Ultegra CI4 XSC ULTCI45500XSC

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the Shimano Ultegra CI4 XSC is a JDM only model?  It is the lighter colored one (can't tell from the pictures if it is silver or white. On a certain website it is less expensive that the XTC model and I'm wondering if it is worth taking a chance on a reel that might not be covered under warranty to save a few bucks.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, dano1089 said:

Does anyone know if the Shimano Ultegra CI4 XSC is a JDM only model?  It is the lighter colored one (can't tell from the pictures if it is silver or white. On a certain website it is less expensive that the XTC model and I'm wondering if it is worth taking a chance on a reel that might not be covered under warranty to save a few bucks.  Thanks!

The original Ultegra XSC Ci4 that was released in the USA a few years ago had a silver body and black Ci4 rotor. The current one (XTC) is matte black/smoke colored. The old USA model had a silver colored spool, no gold on it whatsoever.

2 mins ago, JK47 said:

I have the latest Ultegra XSC Ci4+ 5500, and I'm pretty sure it's a Euro model. I don't see it on Shimano Japan's website.

https://fish.shimano-eu.com/content/fish/eu/gb/en/homepage/Product-detail.P-ULTEGRA_CI4_XTC_XSC.html

Thanks!  I kinda figured that it was not a US model.  Does anyone know if Shimano would service it an honor the warranty.  I would be purchasing from a US dealer through a US site.

4 hours ago, dano1089 said:

Thanks!  I kinda figured that it was not a US model.  Does anyone know if Shimano would service it an honor the warranty.  I would be purchasing from a US dealer through a US site.

Call Shimano for a definitive answer.

Posted (edited) · Report post

if that  the reel you have then its a us reel  it looks like shimano  change the color  this is the old one 

Edited by striper79