Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HL

Selling CTS Fly Rods as a Fund-Raiser for SOL

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi all - 

I am holding my 3rd fund-raiser for SOL by selling approximately 16 fly rods built on CTS fly blanks.

For members who do not know the drill - it works like this:

I will post a FIRM price which is inclusive of shipping (in the lower 48) and PayPal fees if applicable.  I will donate 20% of all proceeds to SOL.

Please note your purchases directly on the BST thread.  Do not PM me with orders.

The single handed rods will be priced at $285.  So SOL will receive $57 for each rod sold.  

The two-handed rods are $350.

The rods are priced at about the same price that a blank alone would cost.

There are no rod socks or rod tubes.

There are two 11'0" 2 handed rods that were initially designed and built as "Switch" rods.  CTS retrofitted new 3 top sections matching them to the butt  sections to make them beach rods for overhead casting.  So each 2 handed rod has 7 pieces and is both a Switch and Beach Rod.

All rods were built by me on 4 piece CTS fly blanks with P2000 finish. i.e. Raw carbon similar to the old GLoomis GLX rods.  None are painted.

All grips are epoxied onto the blank ring-by-ring, and shaped by lathe right on the blank.  This means that there are no voids between cork and blank that may lead to failure.

All cork is "cherry-picked" quality so no cork filler has been used.

All reel seats are REC Saltwater aluminum quality.  The seats are mounted on foam bushings.  No masking tape has been used as bushings.

All stripper guides are Fuji Titanium with SiC ceramic inserts.

All running guides are either REC Recoil single foot or snakes - or Snakebrand snakes.

I will attach pictures with numbers.  You should buy by the posted numbers.

PLEASE - PLEASE - whether paying by PayPal or check make sure that you include a note that contains:

1.Your SOL name .

2. The NUMBER of rod you bought.

3. Complete shipping name and address.

It will take some time to take pictures and label each rod.

So be on the lookout for the notice in Fly Fishing BST.

They will not be listed on this forum - only on BST.

Regards,

Herb Ladenheim (HL) 

U.S. Distributor, CTS Rod Blanks

Edited by HL

Hi All,

I just received 12 cartons of equipment and clothing that I shipped back from the Cape.

My wife says I have to deal with that before I list rods - soooooooooooooo - give me some time to do this  - then I will take and post pictures.

The single handed rods go from 8'6" to 9'6" in length and from #6's to #10's.

I will include a couple of #10 blanks at deep discounts also.

45 mins ago, HL said:

Hi All,

I just received 12 cartons of equipment and clothing that I shipped back from the Cape.

My wife says I have to deal with that before I list rods - soooooooooooooo - give me some time to do this  - then I will take and post pictures.

The single handed rods go from 8'6" to 9'6" in length and from #6's to #10's.

I will include a couple of #10 blanks at deep discounts also.

Well, Herb, I can always use another 2 hander.....Looking forward tothe list.

5 hours ago, HL said:

Hey Bob.

Hope you are doing well with all the crowds on the cape now.

Be patient with them.

Out late and home early.Was at the State Park this afternoon checking the water levels[still quite high].Deep trout fishing and bass as the shadows allow.Not much bait showing in places during the daytime running tides.Good squid pods found at night at a underfished location.You know the rest.

Hi All,

I just finished writing the description and taking photos of seventeen (17) single handed rods from 8'6 to 10'0" and from #6 to #10/11.

In addition, there are three 11'0" two-handed rods

First I'll load the descriptions for your info - then I'll try to do the photos asap..

I don't care if you order without the benefit of the photos.

Please order them by the numbers on BST site.  You can add the model and line weight just for added info.

Please do not PM or email orders.

Ask questions on the BST thread.

Remember - whether you pay by check or PayPal - PLEASE include your SOL name and shipping name and address

Alternatively - PM me all info

NOTE - don't look for the rods here on "Fly Fishing" - Look on "Fly Fishing BST".

Regards,

Herb

Don’t miss a great opportunity to acquire for very short money a world class hand made rod built on world class CTS blanks.

Herb is a wonderful craftsman an who also understands about rod design.

Mike

On 7/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, Mike Oliver said:

Don’t miss a great opportunity to acquire for very short money a world class hand made rod built on world class CTS blanks.

Herb is a wonderful craftsman an who also understands about rod design.

Mike

His creations are simply amazing.  Can't wait to try mine.

Also,check out Herb's generosity - donating a portion of the sales to SOL and then donating the eight remaining rods to charity - class act!!!