beerdoh

Finally...

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

...after years of trying I managed to snag one of the thousands of pencil poppers floating by in the Canal. Made a perfect cast just ahead of the plug and new I had a hook up when it went under. It was touch and go for a while and I thought I lost it a couple times but after a protracted battle managed to land it. Just wish I was wearing my Go Pro. Best day ever!

If any of you lost one this morning tell me where you were fishing and describe the plug (type, color, size, condition) and I'd be happy to return it to you. 

C’Mon man. You have to do better. I have an SP, a popper and a new super strike little neck swimmer on a jig. 

1 min ago, ged said:

C’Mon man. You have to do better. I have an SP, a popper and a new super strike little neck swimmer on a jig. 

My sail just deflated :cry:  

36 mins ago, ged said:

Wow.  

:box:

Just over the weekend I got a pink mackerel Polaris gibs floating and found a magic swimmer sitting on a rock. Also pulled my trap and got a brand new 40z spro buctail and a al gags

Was fishing at night and snapped of one of Mike’s Custom plugs off. Was pretty bummed. Fished till the current changed and after then a few casts something felt different on my retrieve. When I was all the way in, there was the plug I had snapped off an hour earlier. Felt it might have been karma from releasing a couple of fish earlier.

The key to catching pencil poppers is to have your line grab it, not your plug/jig. 

If you're boating and the fishing sucks, hang outside the canal. Free pencil poppers!