Mr. Bigdeal

They wore ties to go fishing....

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

They wore ties to go fishing......where's the respect for the sport today.....Huh ?

Long Beach, Long island, NY.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

They wore ties to go fishing......where's the respect for the sport today.....Huh ?

...and today, on Fire Island, the dudes wear full-length, sequined ballgowns when surf fishing!!

15 mins ago, BillHoo said:

...and today, on Fire Island, the dudes wear full-length, sequined ballgowns when surf fishing!!

Haha or just nothing at all. 

Cool picture. I imagine back in the day photography was a big deal. They probably would have been embarrassed to have their portrait taken in anything other then their finest. 

But your point is well taken. If you ask me social behavior has regressed considerably.  Technology has progressed unimaginably but the people using it are getting more primitive. 

Oh, I've seen people wearing ties while going fishing. And black coats, white dress shirts, black cowboy hats and dress shoes......this was in a certain town that used to have awesome jetties but now has a their own free, giant beach that we can't access.....I tried to tell them that walking on jetties without spikes was dangerous but that did not resonate at all. Their problem, not mine.

4 hours ago, HardyG said:

Oh, I've seen people wearing ties while going fishing. And black coats, white dress shirts, black cowboy hats and dress shoes......this was in a certain town that used to have awesome jetties but now has a their own free, giant beach that we can't access.....I tried to tell them that walking on jetties without spikes was dangerous but that did not resonate at all. Their problem, not mine.

That was very considerate of you to be concerned about their welfare. Dont like fishing there anymore after reading up on all the trouble that town goes through to make beach access difficult. I guess that was the point.

4 hours ago, HardyG said:

I thought you were talking about me until you got to the korkers part.  I wore my korkers too.

I’ve been in my business attire on more than several occasions when the fishing situation was warranted.

one time my tie foul up on the plug while I was unhooking a striper.  It was comical.

Posted (edited) · Report post

had a great aunt that passed away 2 yrs ago. laid to rest in Belmar...blazer on, tie, stopped by a beach on 2nd ave and caught a small striper...went afterwards and paid my respects. The bible says.."take thy rod and reel and honor the dead by stopping to cast." i think thats in Matthew chapter 4. 

Edited by joefishnj21