jhndoe

Found

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The worst feeling has got to be getting home and realizing you’ve left your gear on the rocks.  If you left something Monday I may have it.   Describe the item and you get it back. 

How about a vague description of what you found and where? That might help the individual a bit. 

2 hours ago, jhndoe said:

On the canal.   If they lost something they know what it is 

Right, but what if ten people lost gear that day? Don’t worry dude, I’m not trying to pull a fast one. It ain’t mine. 

Some additional information would be helpful to anyone that lost something. Plug bag, rod, headlamp, etc. 

Good Man jhndoe.

Little bit off topic, but I read recently that in the case of a lost wallet, the more cash in the wallet, the higher percentage chance of it being returned to you. human nature can be strange at times.

Most of us have 'bagged' a found plug on occasion without blinking an eye, but a full plug bag is a lot of hurt to the unfortunate guy. I don't think we have the heart, and would have the feeling of guilt as if we are stealing, not to offer it up.

4 mins ago, saxon59 said:

Good Man jhndoe.

Little bit off topic, but I read recently that in the case of a lost wallet, the more cash in the wallet, the higher percentage chance of it being returned to you. human nature can be strange at times.

Most of us have 'bagged' a found plug on occasion without blinking an eye, but a full plug bag is a lot of hurt to the unfortunate guy. I don't think we have the heart, and would have the feeling of guilt as if we are stealing, not to offer it up.

Think I heard that study on NPR a few weeks ago. Strange indeed.