FunkyBunker

July 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

429 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/5/2019 at 10:52 AM, LenDawg24 said:

Finally had some down time with family and baby obligations... went out Tuesday afternoon before sun went down for an hour, OC surf.  Caught my first fluke!!!  Didn't have a tape measure so wasn't sure if it was a keeper.. looked pretty close though. Either way, safely released. Cannot wait to get back down there again at end of month

fluke #1.jpg

fluke #2.jpg

The elusive "Ghost Foot"... Hahh, just kidding.  but seriously, you've really got to get some tan going!

Nice fish by the way!

Edited by The Salty Fisherman

9 hours ago, CharlieK said:

I used to do that too, but one season I didn't take the time to clip my toenails and I ended up keeping six shorts.

I bet you didn’t turn on anyone.

Edited by levari

Ive recently been throwing s bit of bait and find myself catching fish I typically don’t catch. This week d I got a sea robin, a dogfish a few little baby sea bass, and a ray. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

Out front during the sunset today. I think a bunch of rainfish were around. They were hopping around for quite a while but couldn't buy a bite with anything I tried. Not sure if anything was on them or they were just having a ball splashing about. Young guy around my age mentioned hooking into a spanish mack which got me excited but they didn't want anything I was tossing. Started drifting some bugs and hooked into a low 20 inch striper and then a 16" fluke with two more bites mixed in. Had to call it early, back to work in the AM.

11 hours ago, TinyTrout said:

Out front during the sunset today. I think a bunch of rainfish were around. They were hopping around for quite a while but couldn't buy a bite with anything I tried. Not sure if anything was on them or they were just having a ball splashing about. Young guy around my age mentioned hooking into a spanish mack which got me excited but they didn't want anything I was tossing. Started drifting some bugs and hooked into a low 20 inch striper and then a 16" fluke with two more bites mixed in. Had to call it early, back to work in the AM.

I'm gonna hopefully try for them on Wednesday, the 5 Spanish I got the other day were the first I ever caught. I was expecting an Albie like fight and was very disappointed, they're pretty weak. Caught a couple small blues about the same size that day and they pulled way harder.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, CharlieK said:

I used to do that too, but one season I didn't take the time to clip my toenails and I ended up keeping six shorts.

:laugh:

Fished the last two hours of the outgoing tide out front in Atlantic County on Friday. Ended up with 32 nice sized northern kingfish. As soon as the lead hit the bottom, they were on it. Nonstop until I ran out of bloodworms. 

Plenty of fish tacos in the plans this week

4C30D9C7-E22C-492C-9470-7C36C76F15A7.jpeg.53cd8f6146251ef11d23f5162c6b266c.jpeg187D888D-B9FF-46A8-AE62-69C649CB3469.jpeg.ac1ccf231b9db4d68394afdfa5060151.jpeg

Took some time last week to travel north in search of some bigger bass. We fished hard and caught some good fish but more importantly we had a blast! My buddy brought his friend and I was able to snap a few cool pics of him to share with you all. All fish were caught and safely release to grow bigger and hopefully pass us on their way back south in a few months