FunkyBunker

July 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

429 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2019 at 10:16 PM, ACFishing said:

Spanish Macks are some of the best tasting fish ive ever had in my opinion

Second that.  One of the best meals I've ever had was fresh caught spanish macs. 

Out front in lower OC from 5-8.  Just a few small bluefish before the sun was totally out.  Nothing after.  Saw a few guys fluking but didn’t see any caught.

Posted (edited) · Report post

CMC Out back in the boat this morning with my 9 year old. He did all of the catching. 2 flounder- one at 18.5 and a large ray that was foul hooked. What a fight with that one. Probably 6 ft wingspan. 

4A601990-D5FE-4BA5-AFAF-5741A7D9AF2D.jpeg

F868D79A-1B1C-4620-ABB8-68AA15AC42DC.jpeg

Edited by brentwayne

What a great memory dad,Tuesday we picked up a couple almost keeper flounder at a well known inlet in CMC on bucktail rigs, nothing in the back bay, gonna pick up the pace next week after the holiday..

They're still around, chasing alewife herring.  They loved that Zara puppy. Dropped a few others and several hits and misses.  Great fight on light tackle. 

Water temp was pushing 82.

20190704_004948.jpg

20190704_004728.jpg

20190704_004838.jpg

20190704_004701.jpg

Edited by GeoffT

longtime lurker, first time poster.

out front OC last night from 9pm until noon today. skates and sharks all night and a run of baby blues just before the sun came up. friend caught a 15" fluke off a naked kastmaster as soon as it hit the water in the same run. battled a 4-5' ray but gave up and tried muscling him in and lost him in the wash. didnt see anyone else catching and was dead the rest of the morning depsite being mobbed. still looking for that first keeper fluke of the season.

Fifty years ago, tonight, at 2100, a totally unauthorized mad minute erupted in 25th Division (Tropic Lightening) in Vietnam. Every unit picked up the cue and the sky lit up with the greatest pyrotechnic display I've ever witnessed. Charlie must have crapped in his pants! A couple of units took some return fire, but all in all it was worth it! I've never seen a fireworks display to equal it. Happy 4th to everyone.

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Fifty years ago, tonight, at 2100, a totally unauthorized mad minute erupted in 25th Division (Tropic Lightening) in Vietnam. Every unit picked up the cue and the sky lit up with the greatest pyrotechnic display I've ever witnessed. Charlie must have crapped in his pants! A couple of units took some return fire, but all in all it was worth it! I've never seen a fireworks display to equal it. Happy 4th to everyone.

Not enough ways to thank guys like you! I salute you sir! 

4 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Headed onto a moco beach out front early this morn. Perfect conditions. 2 small blues. Dying to get into the mack action. Nada thus far.

Me too.  Exactly.  2 blues. Wall of fog came in around 8. Home for breakfast.  

8 hours ago, GeoffT said:

They're still around, chasing alewife herring.  They loved that Zara puppy. Dropped a few others and several hits and misses.  Great fight on light tackle. 

20190704_004948.jpg

20190704_004728.jpg

20190704_004838.jpg

20190704_004701.jpg

Salt? They look like hybrids.  Good looking fish though.:th:

Went a little bit north  mon co fished some favorite beaches 1030 till now inlets and out back two short fluke from the beach   nothing out back  and one small bass on a paddle tail  the last small fish I got  about a half hour ago a blue fish  that ate my last paddle tail.  Off to get more paddle tails..   beaches are filling up quickly  already to crowded.

17 hours ago, GeoffT said:

20190704_004948.jpg

20190704_004728.jpg

20190704_004838.jpg

20190704_004701.jpg

Looks like a collection edition of   Stripe something...

9 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Salt? They look like hybrids.  Good looking fish though.:th:

Yup, they’re hybrids.   Much better fighters than their SW cousins. 

My summer obsession as long as they’re around

Edited by GeoffT