FunkyBunker

July 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

182 posts in this topic

Good Morning Gang,

 

Long time member but never posted. Out front MoCo last night end of high tide into outgoing, 4 short fluke up to 16". This AM 6 fluke up to 16" and bonus July 25" bass. Thought I had my first Doormat from the surf but it was fun on the light tackle...Happy 4th!

 

DeeMonee

D8FD601C-C2D7-456F-8783-303B245FB4C8.JPG

IMG_4539.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, libertyminded said:

Spanish is 10 fish at 14” Bonito are not managed

I think this is incorrect, I think mackerel is no bag limit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been fighting this respiratory crud that's going around so first day out in July for me.  Water has gone mostly flat and with the incoming tide very little water movement to work with.  Found one little outgoing eddy to send out some bugs and there was a fish waiting.  Was the only one I could find today.  Was getting a lot of taps from what I'm sure were small fluke since I saw a few guys pulling them in on every few casts.  More and more small bait showing along with snappers popping up too.  Beach was filling up fast so headed for home a bit early.  Back out in the morning.

 

 

DSCF2753.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goldy said:

I think this is incorrect, I think mackerel is no bag limit

I think that’s Atlantic mackerel according to 2019 regs posted for Spanish on Scott’s BT website.. I’d like to know definitively..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 @ 14" as per *

 

But it's not listed on the NJDEP Marine Digest Saltwater Regulations Summary sheet. The link about is what NJDEP takes you to when you view the full digital digest so IMHOP it has to be legit.

Edited by TimS
The link is to a commercial site and isn't allowed here -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went out this morning just to catch the exotic Jersey runners(spanish mackerel) and found some. Loaded with sand eels. Match the hatch and you had them. Pretty cool to see these species up here more frequently. Now let the King mackerel come just as close and that will get some talking going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MC55 said:

Have been fighting this respiratory crud that's going around so first day out in July for me.  Water has gone mostly flat and with the incoming tide very little water movement to work with.  Found one little outgoing eddy to send out some bugs and there was a fish waiting.  Was the only one I could find today.  Was getting a lot of taps from what I'm sure were small fluke since I saw a few guys pulling them in on every few casts.  More and more small bait showing along with snappers popping up too.  Beach was filling up fast so headed for home a bit early.  Back out in the morning.

 

 

DSCF2753.JPG

YOY Snappers or 10 inchers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sparky said:

Ocean water is warm for early July. I was swimming comfortably on Sunday and caught a few short fluke off my local rockpile on Fishing Pete bucktail :kiss:

:wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Messed around with the fluke way too long this morning.  I caught so many I lost count.  The bottom was paved with them but none were keepers.  Got 5 small Spanish Mack’s and a few small blues too. And the bikini watching was good today. 

 Ran into @MC55 floating bugs, always nice talking with you Mike.  

5C0ABF08-7F5C-4179-A11D-81F9AC8EDD55.jpeg

Edited by ridenfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been getting a lot of Spanish MACKEREL on a northern jetty, the limit is 10 at 14 inches they are very good table fair. They are fairly easy to catch remember they are mackerel and you can catch 2, 3 or 4 at a time with the correct rig. hint: they are mackerel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Messed around with the fluke way too long this morning.  I caught so many I lost count.  The bottom was paved with them but none were keepers.  Got 5 small Spanish Mack’s and a few small blues too. And the bikini watching was good today. 

 Ran into @MC55 floating bugs, always nice talking with you Mike.  

5C0ABF08-7F5C-4179-A11D-81F9AC8EDD55.jpeg

Pat, good to see you again this morning.  Glad the move help you find the macs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, MC55 said:

Pat, good to see you again this morning.  Glad the move help you find the macs.

I got them where I saw you.  I should have fished there harder earlier but I was having fun with the fluke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now