July 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Fi**** 2 said:

Why anyone would even try going out the last few days is beyond me, today is a different story, loaded up on Kingsfish in half an hour, will go back out this afternoon for round two...

Without going into pinpoint geography, were you north of Belmar, or South of Atlantic City?  Surf, pier, or bank?

Rigging/bait details and embellished stories also appreciated...

ie.  Stealthy I crept along the bank, giving my rod a mighty heave as I cast the jig into the foamy maelstrom.  My drawers tightened as the fish jerked the line... etc.

Edited by BillHoo

On 7/22/2019 at 9:04 AM, FunkyBunker said:

Turned the alarm off instead of hitting snooze this morning so lost out on some time. Stopped off out back cmc real quick for 15 mins almost slack low tide. What i originally though were some schooling minnows heading towards the muddy bank turned out to be a nice group of peanuts!!!! Time to find the cast net. 

A couple casts in got a hit and when i set the hook felt like a solid flounder. Got nice head shakes and felt like a few lbs. but all of a sudden it started running and going in circles peeling a little drag. Ended up snapping my line so figure must have been a ray. Have to watch the radar rest of the day with storms in the forecast for later. 

Been seeing lots of peanuts down CMC. Under the lights at night especially. 

I have a few teasers that are close enough to bunker patterns that I have been trying with no success. Need to get a new cast net. 

Actually, I’ve been seeing so much small bait it’s insane.

4 hours ago, BillHoo said:

Without going into pinpoint geography, were you north of Belmar, or South of Atlantic City?  Surf, pier, or bank?

Rigging/bait details and embellished stories also appreciated...

ie.  Stealthy I crept along the bank, giving my rod a might heave as I cast the jig into the foamy maelstrom.  My drawers tightened as the fish jerked the line... etc.

I can guide you to some kingfish for a case of good beer.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

18 hours ago, EricDice said:

Been seeing lots of peanuts down CMC. Under the lights at night especially. 

I have a few teasers that are close enough to bunker patterns that I have been trying with no success. Need to get a new cast net. 

Actually, I’ve been seeing so much small bait it’s insane.

I haven't been fishing as much this summer so not sure what i've been missing. 2 weeks ago i was only seeing small baits like bay anchovies and some minnows along the banks. With the peanuts around i have to find some time to get out at night and hope some weakies are around. 

Checked a spot out back cmc this morning for 30 mins to see if anything was happening. Didn't bother for flounder, but saw some small blues chasing bait so picked off a few of them on a crippled herring. 10"-12" each. Driving by another spot on the way out saw a top water blitz of probably more blues and a bunch of terns diving on the action. No time to stop though. 

15 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I can guide you to some kingfish for a case of good beer.  

I'll be up in NJ Friday Aug 2 and Saturday morning Aug 3.  Coming from Virginia, so I can stop at any shore point from the south up to Sandy Hook. 

Visiting my mom and doing our annual dog washing day around lunchtime Saturday - Mom is old and frail.  Dog is big German Shephard and can be hard to control when he wants to escape soap and water.

So, Saturday Morning early is best.  Friday late evening (after 9PM is possible.

If Kingfish are still around, I'll bring the beer.  What do you like?

IM me for coordination.

Edited by BillHoo

Hmmmm.......GSD bath day.....ours just dives into our pool.  Kings are definitely around.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

20 hours ago, Fi**** 2 said:

Why anyone would even try going out the last few days is beyond me, today is a different story, loaded up on Kingsfish in half an hour, will go back out this afternoon for round two...

Because if they had a half hour window they can load up too that's why. 

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Hmmmm.......GSD bath day.....ours just dives into our pool.  Kings are definitely around.

Unfortunately my mom does not have a pool.

Maybe while giving the dog a scrub, I might clip some of his fur and tie it to a 1 oz. jighead.  Seal the end against the jighead with some white epoxy. 

Wonder how effective German Shephard bucktail would work?

Edited by BillHoo

4 hours ago, BillHoo said:

I'll be up in NJ Friday Aug 2 and Saturday morning Aug 3.  Coming from Virginia, so I can stop at any shore point from the south up to Sandy Hook. 

Visiting my mom and doing our annual dog washing day around lunchtime Saturday - Mom is old and frail.  Dog is big German Shephard and can be hard to control when he wants to escape soap and water.

So, Saturday Morning early is best.  Friday late evening (after 9PM is possible.

If Kingfish are still around, I'll bring the beer.  What do you like?

IM me for coordination.

12 pack of nice stout and a 12 pack of IPA.  And dont listen to sheisty, if I didnt find those fish the day prior he may have went 60 miles out of the way.   

I will PM you mid week with details if tthey are still here in force.  

Is your mom in a retirement village in central nj?  I might live nearby.

Edited by ChumSlickJon

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

• Sudsy locked this topic