FunkyBunker

July 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

290 posts in this topic

It's officially the busy season. 

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

June flew by. Wasn't able to do the grassy sound tournament this past weekend for the first time in 6 years so that was a bit of a bummer. Went out back CMC for a quick shot this morning. Nice and cool to start the month, had a good hit and pull but pretty sure was a turtle then found a stout little 16" flounder. Bunch of little baitfiish around but couldn't see what they were. Probably get a few casts in tomorrow morning. 

This should probably go in the June reports, but who reads those anymore?  Saturday late-morning (just after low tide) South Jersey inlet, caught a trifecta +1: dozens of small weakfish (12 - 18 inches), dozen small flounder, half dozen blue fish and one 18 inch striper.  Sunday morning the water was a lot more murky, and only managed a half dozen weakfish.  Fellow next to me got a ~24 inch Striper.  

10 mins ago, libertyminded said:

Out and about blind casting..hello July..

A6998147-0368-468B-BE23-7513E5E15E8D.jpeg

Guy I was talking to had 6 of them at an inlet last week. I have to get down there, look like good eating size

1 hour ago, dscott said:

This should probably go in the June reports, but who reads those anymore?  Saturday late-morning (just after low tide) South Jersey inlet, caught a trifecta +1: dozens of small weakfish (12 - 18 inches), dozen small flounder, half dozen blue fish and one 18 inch striper.  Sunday morning the water was a lot more murky, and only managed a half dozen weakfish.  Fellow next to me got a ~24 inch Striper.  

Nice!!!  If you don't mind me asking, what did you catch them on?

Thank you.

All action over the weekend was on a white bucktail tipped with a live Killie, with a Killie teaser in front.  Also ran into a guy who referred to them as Mummichogs - which I'd never heard before, but it looks like the internet agrees with him. 

5 hours ago, dscott said:

Trifecta +1, or call that a South Jersey grand slam! Well done

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well the reports seem to be trending up but from the surf and boat at least for me, its been a wasteland. Areas from the hook to long branch to the backs of the raritan have produced zero for me. Bait seems everywhere but theres been nothint but snapper, 10 inch fluke, and unaccosted bunker.  Tonight more of the same. Hope this turns. Fishing has been downright dreadful past 3 weeks for me. Kudos to those picken them off. 

Edited by joefishnj21