Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grampa old spook

maine fling

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

welp met billb,rags,jd,bloo and brought lil bill from my neck of the woods down,great people,we hit higgins beach and due to the fact i had no waders i hit the ledges.few tiks on the line then my dads old mitchell blew up shearing the ratchet and spring plus the woodruff key holding the spool shaft to the cup.so i plug on a penn 350,great few casts,wham,she blows the ratchet spring and something else losing it all and making a real rat bastage to cast anything,we were chunking but the others were using flies to lures and doing very well.me an lil bill ended up making an early run home after staying on the beach all nite trying to cast the chunkage in the surf off and on.not much i could do but the good thing was the others did catch fish too!! so that was a nice touche',i couldnt ask for more better freinds to fish with,many thanx bill and rags for tossing the hasty fling together.hopefully i will come down next month and do the trestle or the ledge at the light........

Gramps to bad you couldn't have stayed for today. I had a fair morning and an excellent evening. It was nice to meet a few of the SOL people: MartyK, JD, Gramps.