Dreamland

Slow Areas

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Was at Beavertail around 5 PM to see what the conditions looked like.  It was as slow as slow could be, no Seagulls, Terns or Cormorants working the area as far out as I could see.  Along with that, there wasn't a single person fishing the point or boat fishing in the area.  It was sunny with no threat of rain and a light offshore breeze.  Really odd for June / July, the point is usually stacked up on a day like this.  It should pick up any day now...I think.

11 hours ago, Dreamland said:

Was at Beavertail around 5 PM to see what the conditions looked like.  It was as slow as slow could be, no Seagulls, Terns or Cormorants working the area as far out as I could see.  Along with that, there wasn't a single person fishing the point or boat fishing in the area.  It was sunny with no threat of rain and a light offshore breeze.  Really odd for June / July, the point is usually stacked up on a day like this.  It should pick up any day now...I think.

Been like that everytime i have been down there this year.  "NO FISH IN RI"

It’s a shame, I love fishing there, it’s not worth the trip for me unless I wanna catch some scenery.   Everyplace I’ve tried in RI this season hasn’t produced.   I may just wait til the fall run to start fishing RI again. 

There are nice fish around, just not many.  I lost a big fish right at the boat on Sunday.  It was fighting like a much smaller fish.  It must of seen the boat and spit the hook. At least I got a good look at it.

Great to hear that.  It is getting better just a bit frustrating that there was a decent start and then a serious dwindle and now its coming back again.  The bait issue is mystery too. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Had thousands of bunker all around us last night and not one was being harassed. They hadn’t a care in the world. The absolute most disheartening fishing night of my life. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

Fished for Bones today from WW to Compton in the Boat....nothing. Bass and Blues are crabbing all over RI. At least it looks like that sipping on the surface, I don't think it's krill.  Outer Scar Beach Rocks had 30" class bass in the boulders from 5:30am-7:30 am which bailed out the trip. Fun on light tackle. Fluke and legal sea bass fishing was slow. I should have just went to Block Island. Oh well.