Rate this topic

51,535 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I remember that. That' some anger I can get behind right there. :th: 

Think of what you could do to your co workers! 

4 hours ago, charloots said:

Yeah, there are pines and oaks. Orioles were all over the places till I put the oranges out. :laugh: Probably a coinkydink. Robins are on the ground pulling up worms and stuff all day now.

a lot of times in late april/early may, we are just seeing migrants passing through. they are flying at night and landing in the morning. during the day they are fueling up, resting some, looking around for other orioles and then when night comes they continue on with their migration. so they are gone in the morning and replaced by more orioles moving through on migration. this goes on for a couple weeks or more. some days there are none around and sometimes there are orioles around everyday, they're just not the same ones. and sometimes, you do get one or two hanging around to breed too, that may stay for the summer or eventually move on.

i had one for about 2 weeks. and one interesting thing about orioles is that individuals often sing a unique song. this guy had such a weird song, i originally thought it was another species since it was familiar, but I couldn't quite place it either. i tried the oranges again, but no dice and this bird has gone silent or moved on. 

1 hour ago, Eagles Dare said:

Crappy pic, but this Oriole thought he was a hummingbird.

Resized_20200521_064851.jpeg

yeah, they do that sometimes too. none came to mine this year and only saw one hummer back in april, the day after i put it up. no another one since. i took the feeders down this past monday i think. 

59 mins ago, DerrickT said:

Covid test tomorrow at 915 :th:

geez man, you been sick? best of luck. you getting a pcr or an antibody test? or both?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Ravioli said:

Think of what you could do to your co workers! 

Unfortunately, I don't see them these days. :( 

1 hour ago, DerrickT said:

Covid test tomorrow at 915 :th:

Loots beat me to the snark. 

13 mins ago, makomakoman said:

E83ADCE7-8C38-4705-80B8-5C329165A32B.png

I would have responded with 'You're ****ing kidding me, right? You obviously don't know the meaning of the word racist'. :dismay:

Edited by MikeMc