Rate this topic

51,009 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Eagles Dare said:

Yes, I'd say on 6 holes the blues are sd significantly different from the whites. The other 3 are just about 15 yards further back on the same line.

I had to stop at 9, that's all I made a tee time for and they were booked up. This 4 groups an hour BS doesn't leave many openings to jump in. Was a lot better when we were trespassing. 

I played ok but my buddy had the 9 of his life. He'd never broken 40 before and shot an even 36. Usually hit's it decent but has trouble on the greens. Hits putts way too hard. Banging the ball off the raised cups really helps him out.

lol. 

My buddy Ed shot a 74 last week doing the same. He is actually a damn good golfer, though, but the guy who told me about it said it helped. I think it's much better to put the cup in regular depth and put a section of pool noodle around the base of the flag. The ball drops just enough that you know you made the putt, and you can pick it up without touch the stick.

3 mins ago, MikeMc said:

lol. 

My buddy Ed shot a 74 last week doing the same. He is actually a damn good golfer, though, but the guy who told me about it said it helped. I think it's much better to put the cup in regular depth and put a section of pool noodle around the base of the flag. The ball drops just enough that you know you made the putt, and you can pick it up without touch the stick.

That's how it was setup when we were trespassing. But with a piece of 2" PVC in the hole not a pool noodle. Massachusetts in it's infinite wisdom made them raise the cups as one of the conditions for being open.

3 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

That's how it was setup when we were trespassing. But with a piece of 2" PVC in the hole not a pool noodle. Massachusetts in it's infinite wisdom made them raise the cups as one of the conditions for being open.

Stupid government. :dismay: 

17 mins ago, MadWader said:

Professor...possibly an immature or female goldfinch ?

277BE0CF-D8C8-417E-8EDE-DD5003E34A3C.jpeg

I think it’s a dead goldfinch. I may be wrong but I’ll let the professor decide. 

1 min ago, Ravioli said:

I think it’s a dead goldfinch. I may be wrong but I’ll let the professor decide. 

I think at least half of your assessment is correct. 

21 hours ago, DerrickT said:

So the wife bought a 12x8 retractable awning off Amazon cause the 10 umbrellas we have dont do much for the afternoon sun and she can't put them all up and watch the kid at the same time.  

So she orders this thing Monday.  Tells me from what she read its pretty simple, but people complained about the directions not being clear. But it looked like 6 lag bolts for the 3 brackets and its done.  

Tells me it will be here Thursday.  So I'm thinking Fed ex is delivering a 12' box in 3 days.  Surely something is gonna be ****ed up.

She texts me Thursday and said they left it on the front porch but its to heavy to get into the garage so I tell her to leave it there and I will get it when I get home.  

Then she tells me she doesn't think its right because it's only a 4' long box :squid:

So I get home and open the box and sure enough its the canopy.  :laugh:

All in pieces and needs put together.  Even the canvas part needs attached to the aluminum roller.

5 hours last night from the time I put the brackets on the back of the house till I hung it and tightened the last bolt on the last bracket.

Directions were all in metric and the illustrations were tiny.

She had breakfast ready for me when I got back from blood work this morning :th:

20200515_215243.jpg

The electrical work is magnificent. :fire:

5 hours ago, MikeMc said:

He was calling from Poland and had an accent. What more do I need? 

I don't get the texting thing. :huh: 

he's polish, and not to bright. so instead sending her a text, he called a ra.... you know what, nevermind. 

1 hour ago, MadWader said:

Professor...possibly an immature or female goldfinch ?

277BE0CF-D8C8-417E-8EDE-DD5003E34A3C.jpeg

that's a dead bird. 

its actually a northern parula, which is a warbler. it was probably in the caribbean, eastern mexico or central america this time last month :cool: