flyangler

Remember when Barack Obama told Sarah Palin she was stupid for thinking we could drill our way out of our oil dependency?

Rate this topic

150 posts in this topic

Remember when Barack Obama told Sarah Palin she was stupid for thinking we could drill our way out of our oil dependency?

Remember that we’ve been told once a decade since the 1970s, by the experts using algorithms and forward projections, we were facing peak oil? But every call regarding peak oil has been utterly wrong, technology and human behavior doing things the experts could never perceive at the time. Oh, and all that wrongness while oil demand has skyrocketed with the global economy.

Over at InstaPundit: 

GREAT AGAIN:  Oil supply to swamp demand, squeeze OPEC in 2020, IEA says.

Even though growth in world oil demand will accelerate to 1.4 million barrels a day in 2020, it will be eclipsed by a 2.3 million barrel-a-day surge in output, as the ongoing boom in U.S. shale is augmented by new fields in Brazil, Norway and Canada.

As a result, the world will need significantly less crude from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the IEA, which advises most major economies, predicted in its monthly report on Friday. Though Saudi Arabia and its allies have been deliberately cutting supply this year, and political crises have crushed exports from Venezuela and Iran, OPEC is pumping much more oil than will be required in 2020. . . .

About half of the supply expansion will be provided by the U.S., which has been transformed by the fracking boom in Texas and North Dakota into the world’s biggest crude producer. But unlike in previous years, growth in America is being supplemented by significant gains elsewhere, such as in Norway and Brazil.

That may make for painful reading for the Saudis and other OPEC nations, who together pump 40% of the world’s oil.

24 mins ago, dcast said:

Yep....but she was stupid for lots of other reasons..

She wasn't qualified to be VPOTUS.

But I'll say this for her, she loved America, valued America, she respected American culture, and she was Proud to be American, which is a hell of a lot more than the crop of wackos that the Left has been putting out there.

She has better credentials, being Governor of Alaska,  then most of those people who are running for the Democratic Presidential nomination. At least she ran something, and as far as I know didn't blow her way to her position, as the female favorite for the Dems did.

4 mins ago, PCstriper said:

She has better credentials, being Governor of Alaska,  then most of those people who are running for the Democratic Presidential nomination. At least she ran something, and as far as I know didn't blow her way to her position, as the female favorite for the Dems did.

You mean Heels up Harris?

1 hour ago, JoeyZac said:

She wasn't qualified to be VPOTUS.

Why not?  Female. Mayor. Governor. Mother of 5. Brought a special needs child to full term as opposed to killing it after live birth. 

Which Democrat running for President right now has a better resume than her?  And, like you said, loves this great Country. 

4 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Why not?  Female. Mayor. Governor. Mother of 5. Brought a special needs child to full term as opposed to killing it after live birth. 

Which Democrat running for President right now has a better resume than her?  And, like you said, loves this great Country. 

She knew absolutely NOTHING of foreign affairs.  Like, "shockingly nothing."  Based on that alone, she was not qualified to be VPOTUS.

From a foreign affairs aspect, probably EVERY Democrat running now knows more than her.  I doubt I'd approve of any of their policies with regard to foreign affairs, as far as pure knowledge goes, Palin was terrible.

Just now, JoeyZac said:

She knew absolutely NOTHING of foreign affairs.  Like, "shockingly nothing."  Based on that alone, she was not qualified to be VPOTUS.

From a foreign affairs aspect, probably EVERY Democrat running now knows more than her.  I doubt I'd approve of any of their policies with regard to foreign affairs, as far as pure knowledge goes, Palin was terrible.

And community activist Barack Obama did?

And what have all these “foreign policy experts” brought us the last 50 years?

6 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Obama had far less but he was elected president.

2 mins ago, Mummichog said:

5 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Joey never mentioned Obama, and I'm 99.9% sure that he agrees with you that Obama wasn't qualified to be president.

16 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

The Governors, the Senators, and the former VP for starters.   

Just now, KnewBee said:

The Governors, the Senators, and the former VP for starters.   

Really?  She was a governor. In a very successful state. Give us more detail. In your own words. Not a cut and paste. 

6 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

4 mins ago, Mummichog said:

Hang on.  I never said Obama "was" qualified.  I merely said Palin was not, because of a lack of knowledge of Foreign Affairs.

I feel Obama was not qualified either, for lack of experience.

I feel Trump wasn't/isn't, for lack of morals.

But there is a difference between "not qualified," and "incapable."

Obama "did" the job of POTUS.  Poorly, imo, but he did it.

Trump is "doing" the job of POTUS, rather excellently imo.

Palin most certainly "could" have done the job of VPOTUS too, probably well, but still...................... "not qualified."