flyangler

London Zoo Having a Pride Party for Its Gay Penguins

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I am not saying that a full four weeks of Pride Month has jumped the shark, but a Pride parade for several supposedly gay penguins? 

I am in London as I type this and can say that London is not showing its rainbow the way NYC was several days ago. Everywhere I looked in the Times Square area was rainbow themed in Gotham, here, not so much. 

But this? 

London Zoo Having a Pride Party for Its Gay Penguins

2245DE20-FE5B-4DA2-BAB7-CA34D4AAE382.jpeg.4f96da17d917aac069e1480c48e4cc38.jpeg

The Hill:

The ZSL London Zoo announced it will host a Pride celebration next weekend for its same-sex penguin couples.

The zoo said in a release that its colony of 93 Humboldt penguins, which includes three same-sex couples, will all take part in the Pride festivities next Friday.

The zoo also specifically pointed out that its “most famous gay residents,” Ronnie and Reggie, are still together and will be involved the celebration as well. Ronnie and Reggie, who have been together since 2014, captured headlines a few years back after they adopted a chick that had been abandoned by another couple.

“They remain as strong as ever and are often found snuggled up in their nest box together,” the zoo said.

Pride Month is a zeitgeist-warping journey through social media here at the end of the second decade of the 21st century.

On the one hand, we are told that the community being celebrated with an entire month of its own is having its "very right to exist" constantly threatened.

On the other hand, penguin Pride parties.

If I am ever trying to convey the gravity of a situation I don't involve penguins. But that's just me.

Social and conventional media are absolutely inundated with pro-Pride images and messages every June. I am not passing judgment on that one way or another, I am merely saying that I am an avid personal and professional consumer of both and that I don't get an "endangered, marginalized group" vibe during the month of June. In fact, if one were to awake from a decades-long coma this month, they may think that most of society was now LGBTQ.

I am not at all saying that members of the LGBTQ community don't face struggles.

I am saying that this isn't 1958.

The penguins at the London Zoo probably agree with me.

How widespread was the rainbow theming in NYC? Here’s a screenshot from my Uber app two days ago, not the color of the car's track to pick us up....

80C822AC-C0FD-4FE7-8AD1-6C9E9462A9CE.jpeg.c68fb45819604a0288963f8b54de9b09.jpeg

How do they know these penguins are gay?  Maybe they're actually Trans, and by not giving these penguins gender change surgery, they're not enabling their transition, and these poor animals are living in anguish.

Pretty intolerant and cruel if you ask me.

I think that to conclude they are gay is in itself an act of aggression as we've assumed the birds' gender.  Maybe they both identify as female and are therefore a lesbian couple.  Maybe one identifies as male and the other as female, making them heterosexual penguins who are now appropriating gay culture!

"I never said a guy who wears glasses is a queer.  A guy who wears glasses is a 4 eyes; a guy who is a fag is queer."

PERFECT!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Read drudge, the gay guys at some protest in new york got pissed at the trannies showing up, a big slapfight ensued.

NEW YORK, June 30 (Reuters) - A black transgender woman wanted to be heard, but the white men wanted to celebrate.

The scene at New York City's Stonewall Inn on Saturday, as reported by multiple witnesses on social media, showed how long-simmering tensions between transgender women of color and white gay men have boiled over during the celebration of World Pride and the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising.

The unidentified woman wanted to address the crowd inside the Greenwich Village gay bar where patrons fought back against police harassment 50 years ago, birthing the LGBTQ movement. She arrived unannounced and disrupted a drag show, drawing an unfriendly response at first. The crowd eventually warmed and she was given the microphone and spoke for 12 minutes.

Edited by Little

10 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

I think that to conclude they are gay is in itself an act of aggression as we've assumed the birds' gender.  Maybe they both identify as female and are therefore a lesbian couple.  Maybe one identifies as male and the other as female, making them heterosexual penguins who are now appropriating gay culture!

Male penguins can lay eggs, you know.

Heres another reuters article, the gays are mad that the other gays are bringing in sponsorship money for their ghey

The alternative Queer Liberation March in downtown Manhattan was designed to be a return to "a people's political march" without corporate sponsorship and police barricades

"We hate the People's front of Judea!"

Yeah but not as much as the People's Judean Front!"

"We ARE the People's Judean Front!"

Oh

2 hours ago, Little said:

Male penguins can lay eggs, you know.

Heres another reuters article, the gays are mad that the other gays are bringing in sponsorship money for their ghey

The alternative Queer Liberation March in downtown Manhattan was designed to be a return to "a people's political march" without corporate sponsorship and police barricades

"We hate the People's front of Judea!"

Yeah but not as much as the People's Judean Front!"

"We ARE the People's Judean Front!"

Oh

Always some kind of drama with these homos.

This is not a surprise.

What is a surprise is that some bulldike did not commandeer the stage by kicking the homo and tranny right off the stage.