Canal bike thread

Rate this topic

Please don't lock threads, outside of in the BST when an item is sold. I wish Tim could come up with a way to restrict that feature to only the BST. Apparently, it can't be done.

OK that was my one Admin moment in 2+ years. :laugh:

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

On 7/1/2019 at 2:25 AM, greenmachine96 said:

Didn’t think I said anything wrong there but sorry if I did, just wanted to share my experience renting there

You didn't do or say anything wrong. ;) 

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

9 mins ago, CoffeeHangover said:

On the topic of bikes, in this day and age with the recent canal behavior are you guys comfortable leaving pretty much anything on your bike while down on the rocks?  I'm putting together a canal bike and trying to decide on storage.

I always bring both rods and bag down to the water.also have a lock and chain but never used it.

You cannot trust anyone. My cooler,rod rack,bike rack is locked.

But anything can be cut and taken.

troll #122  <*)))<

51 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I always bring both rods and bag down to the water.also have a lock and chain but never used it.

You cannot trust anyone. My cooler,rod rack,bike rack is locked.

But anything can be cut and taken.

That makes sense.  I was gonna zip tie some wide PVC tubes to one of the racks to use to store jigs but maybe I should get something removable.

3 hours ago, CoffeeHangover said:

On the topic of bikes, in this day and age with the recent canal behavior are you guys comfortable leaving pretty much anything on your bike while down on the rocks?  I'm putting together a canal bike and trying to decide on storage.

Put a motion alarm on your bike. I got one from Amazon for $15. It comes with a remote. I generally don't leave anything on the bike but have this in case I do or if I go into a store and have to leave the bike on my car...

5 mins ago, beerdoh said:

Put a motion alarm on your bike. I got one from Amazon for $15. It comes with a remote. I generally don't leave anything on the bike but have this in case I do or if I go into a store and have to leave the bike on my car...

How does that work? 

Loud alarms?  Tracking? 

troll #122  <*)))<