dleopoldi914

Fix clam rakes

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Scored some clam rakes at a garage sale and they have extensions. The extensions can be attached with holes and pins. The problem is person has the top of rake put into the rake and cannot untwist the rake because is stuck close together.....any idea how to get it unstuck....

pics enclosed....or should I just drill some new holes

9E5C9812-9096-4818-BA29-5F46C3FCB89F.jpeg

Soak the joint overnight with a good penetrating lube like Liquid Wrench and try rubber grip pads to give you a really good grip on the pole. Do you have to remove the pin or is it spring loaded?

4 hours ago, Mountain fisher said:

Soak the joint overnight with a good penetrating lube like Liquid Wrench and try rubber grip pads to give you a really good grip on the pole. Do you have to remove the pin or is it spring loaded?

How would one soak the joint over night? What type of container and with what compound?

also the pins need to be pushed in, in order to pull out....

i just blasted bunch of ob blaster down the shaft of the rod and on the pinholes I will let it sit try, maybe what I need is to put one end in a vice and try to twist it off. 

2 mins ago, dleopoldi914 said:

How would one soak the joint over night? What type of container and with what compound?

also the pins need to be pushed in, in order to pull out....

i just blasted bunch of ob blaster down the shaft of the rod and on the pinholes I will let it sit try, maybe what I need is to put one end in a vice and try to twist it off. 

Dont do that unless you put  a C clamp over the tits on the shaft.