Sick Puppy

Rate this topic

Reed422

6 mins ago, Wigeon said:

Weed, went through something very similar with my then 13 yo GSP over the winter, out of nowhere she couldn’t stand flopping all over hell....rushed her to the vet in the dark on a Sunday night positive she wasn’t coming home with me.

Turned our it was vestibular disease aka “old dog disease”.... scary as **** but harmless, she walked it off in a couple days. It’s basically an old dog version of seasickness.

Guessing your vet checked this off but it can’t hurt to ask, have them check the eyes, something in the pupils dialated maybe.

Good luck bud.

Yes I've heard of older dogs getting vertigo like symptoms.

BLM - Bass Lives Matter 

Race - human like everyone else

2 hours ago, chumfish said:

Two months ago we had the same with Lexi.

She’s got anaplasmosis. Several days into a month of antibiotics and she showed improvement.

3 weeks later she’s at 80%

$1,100.00

2 hours ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Guy I know has dog ins. I laughed at the idea at first but he told me how much money it saved him. Sounds worth it.

I dropped a grand on river when she got bit by the snake, bastards made me pay up front.

Again, goog luck reed

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

He is definitely coming to work tomorrow my brother can blow me

Yea, take him to his regular doc.

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

Hope it works out Reed, been there and just do what you feel is best 

edit: glad to hear he’s doing better

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

We did over 3k on dental for our dog Bella the Doxie when it was needed, 1600 on knee surgery for Rebel the mutt and don’t regret any of it. Unless it’s something that’s incurable as a dog owner I feel it’s what we sign up for

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

57 mins ago, mybeach said:

Whats up WiG!

PS weed - been dealing with canine diabetes. Sugar all over the dial. Was pretty well controlled and then she had a bout of pancreatitis and now she is not wanting to eat etc. 

Howdy Capt.

And damn. :(

Good to hear she's doing better! Whatever you did, keep doing it.

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

4 hours ago, chumfish said:

Two months ago we had the same with Lexi.

She’s got anaplasmosis. Several days into a month of antibiotics and she showed improvement.

3 weeks later she’s at 80%

$1,100.00

The Warrior Princess was eating about half her food for ten days before I went away. I took her to vet- 103 temp (not a super high fever for a dog) and strong positive for anaplasmosis. She had been positive, but, asymptomatic for 2 years. $175 including 30 days of Doxy,

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace