The Riddler

Joe Baggs Resin vs. Hogy Epoxy

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, Riptide said:

My reply was to making them isn't rocket science.   With regard to epoxys it kind of is.  

They are VERY different.  The epoxy gives you size and shape without the weight.   There I alot slower sink rate size for size with epoxy. 

Metal has its place, but epoxy style are more versatile in most cases.      

I like skipping an epoxy jig on top, that's very hard to do with an all metal jig.  

Could you advise on how to fish these, casting from Shore Boston Harbor and/or local beaches.   I have a few and they float right to the top unless extremely slow retrieve, or let sink for what seems forever before starting retrieve.  Swim action is impressive even when slow.  Yet to catch anything on these but the twitch medium fast retrieve on SP or Rapala's are getting it done, but nothing on these yet.   I don't want to give up on them as I am probably doing something wrong.

Thanks

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Chewy, do you think you can go to that Chinese source and buy some and compare?  Or how about a snap shot of the web page?

Here. This is were i saw them. I had ordered different type jig last year, it takes few weeks to come in. I have not found one selling on ebay for less amount..it is min 500 order.. Pretty good margin there..i might try get into selling them myself :witty:

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.02.25 PM.png

Edited by chewwy

4 hours ago, chewwy said:

Here. This is were i saw them. I had ordered different type jig last year, it takes few weeks to come in. I have not found one selling on ebay for less amount..it is min 500 order.. Pretty good margin there..i might try get into selling them myself :witty:

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.02.25 PM.png

Lol wow, those are them... I will split em with you for my personal use.  I think that’s will fish. 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, z-man said:

The hook on the Joe Baggs looks too small. 

It is.  I replace them when I buy, of course I replace the hooks on the Hogy epoxy jigs too right away.  6x all the way 

FYI Riddler I haven’t smacked them off a rock yet but they do swim well and had a bone eat one so I’m sure the Albies won’t object 

1 hour ago, MVDCGTO said:

FYI Riddler I haven’t smacked them off a rock yet but they do swim well and had a bone eat one so I’m sure the Albies won’t object 

Nice....the schoolies dig it. Did you swap the hook?

1 min ago, The Riddler said:

Nice....the schoolies dig it. Did you swap the hook?

Not at that time but I have since and will on the others I’m getting.  It’s a nice quality single hook, he upgraded to a larger size for the ones he sent to my local shop as the first were tiny.