jjdbike

Ideas for grilling big fluke?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

I don’t understand why you guys use foil on the grill, imho much better off just putting it in a pan on the stovetop. The grill adds nothing and makes it much more difficult to control the heat.

if you wrap it in foil, IMO, there is no difference in using a gas or charcoal grill and your kitchen stove.

Edited by FizzyFish

17 hours ago, MakoMike said:

I don’t understand why you guys use foil on the grill, imho much better off just putting it in a pan on the stovetop. The grill adds nothing and makes it much more difficult to control the heat.

It has to do with sitting on the deck of the beach house, having a cold beer, looking out at and enjoying the ocean while I cook.  And I use the grille to cook not only fish, but corn on the cob, maybe some shrimp, or veggies like asparagus as well - 99% of the time I cook multiple items.  And if it's a hot day the oven or stove top is not heating up the cottage.  And I have no problems controlling heat on my gas Weber.

You can cook stuff indirect with charcoal and it'll taste just like it was done in your kitchen oven.  I use my gas grill for 2 reasons...to avoid messing up the kitchen and avoid turning on the oven when its hot.  Other than that, gassers are pretty pointless.  If i want a good steak or burger i'd rather cook it in a CI skillet, but we just don't do that in my kitchen.