NJTramcar

Cape May County tent camping

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Been tasked to find a tent campground in CMC for September.  25 or so family ranging from 3 yrs old to early 70s.  

Any recommendations on where to stay or where to avoid?

Thanks John, good idea.  We did stay at Belle Plain a few years ago.  We are looking to try something new.

Anyone tent camp at any of the for profit campgrounds?  Seems like there are 50 or so I the county.

Try Holly Shores and Beach Comber in Rio Grande area. Shelbay just below Camp May Court House. I have have seasonal sites in all three. All off of route 9.

That time of year, I'd go as far south as you can - Cape May and Cape May Point in September and October is spectacular. Spectacular.

I've never been, but the closest campground to the cape tip is Seashore Campground in Cape May: this is a 10-minute-ish drive from either the Lighthouse or downtown Cape May. And it has pretty good reviews online.

If you do this, bring binoculars and make sure to check out the Hawk Watch at Cape May Point State Park. Late September and early October are the best time of the entire year to watch migrating raptors. It is wicked cool. :th: