New St Croix Legend Surf rods for 2019?

Rate this topic

Jetex2801

newstcroixlegendsurf.jpg.50d5e77c8b60a79d10b7ea6db83f02e8.jpg

Saw this on tackledirect, small price drop compared to the current model if the information on the site is correct which I'm guessing is the price difference from the savings of using fuji titanium torzite kw guides for the reduction train instead of the rv guides currently used. From a quick search I'm can't find any information about it anywhere, maybe someone at tackledirect made a booboo and let this slip before St Croix officially announces it at icast? Either way if anyone knows anything I'd be keen to hear it thx. 

On 7/1/2019 at 1:40 AM, CheckDeuce said:

Interesting seeing as I just broke an old legend.  Eager to see what the new stuff will be.

I did as well, they sent me the same K guide version- nothing new. Just received yesterday, i'll take pics of the guide tags to show

Doesn't it seem silly that in what...... 3 years they've had 3 redesigns of their top of the line rod.  Same blank....just changed the grips and guides...

How long was the RV version out for 2 years?

Version 1 stainless guides garbage butt cap $$$$

Version 2 same blank insanely expensive guides and a butt cap and different foregrip $$$$$$$$$

Version 3 Same blank ridiculously expensive guides and a slight grip mod  $$$$$$

How bout a new 450$ version like the original with stainless K guides and same butt as current...

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

1 hour ago, glos said:

they make cosmetics, and too light, fragile, for better selling.

basically they make worse of a product and charge huge money for it.

Ksong do not let those of yours go that way.

How many St croix rods do you and have you owned...and how many black hole rods do you have or do you own......

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims