Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Batman67

Place To Rent Canal Rigged Bikes?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Heading up to the CCC next month.  Staying for 4 days and looking for a place that rents bikes with baskets and rod holders.

I’d go with canal cruisers on the mainland side by the RR bridge. If you want a setup made by Gregg (the owner) I would call roughly a month before your trip and let him know what you’re looking for and he will help you out. I rented from him before but brought my own milk crate strapped with rod holders and he threw a back rack on the bike for me for my crate. I should’ve called in advance and asked for that on my rental but he was happy to do it when I walked in which was nice of him. You’ll probably want to ask what his multi day rental policy is and how to pick up the bike early/late depending on your trips, because I believe they only open up at 8 am. Enjoy your trip 

I see no violation of SOL's rules here. I'm not aware of any connection between greenmachine96 and Canal Cruisers. IMO this is no different than a non-affiliated user recommending a tackle shop or restaurant.

In the future, please refrain from locking your own threads. 

I'll reopen the thread--if I remember how to do it

On 7/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, capequahog said:

There was a place on 6a that rented bikes unrigged but it burnt down so market is up for grabs cape side

The owner was a real jerk to my wife and stepdaughter. Even if he rebuilds or finds a new location, I'd never recommend him. :thdwn: