Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IslandSurf

What do we have over here?

8 posts in this topic

I picked these up awile back because the fact that someone took time to put them in a plastic case made me intrested...does anyone know who made them?

20190629_185319.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

These are bugging me. I like them, they're nice looking lures. Here's my guess cause that's all it is. These look like Shur Strike to me. The lip does anyway. CCBC made a line of less expensive lures called Shur Strike. To me this looks like a cheap version of the 7200 surfster. This is a Shur Strike Pikie.

rs=w_600,h_600.jpg

Edited by BassAssasin
pic added

I will take a look in some of my lure ID books later. Problem is that shur strike made lures for stores that had fishing departments and they made alot of special request colors if memory serves. The eyes are very unusual and I have never seen them on any shur strikes but that hardware is definitely what they used for small pikies and some others. They look like paw paw pikies a bit but paw paw used a different lip.no flange around the depression on the cup of lip and they had a grommet that was built into the terminal end where the screw eye entered the the belly. They are unusual for sure and possibly rare. I would have grabbed them too , seems odd to take the time to display them if they were nothing special.