Angler #1

Is the first two days

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, Seadogg said:

The dude only makes a living as a fishing guide, but ya... 

which is fine, i am not saying the stock is perfectly fine i am only commenting on him saying the commercial quota won't hit 50% after 3 days.... When the hottest month over the last 3-4 years has always been in August, which is what i am commenting on.

47 mins ago, CastAwayRI said:

According to this -- anyone who fished commercially Thursday broke the law.

The commercial striped bass open fishing days during the season are Monday and Thursday for all gear types. If an open fishing day falls on the 3rd or 4th of July or the quota remains open on Labor Day, the commercial striped bass fishery will be closed.

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/commercial-finfish-regulations

correct which is why i said the commercial guys lost the 4th day this year so far, and it was the day after a new moon, if it was open they would have put another 40-80k lbs on the quota next time it updates.

Cutting the shore user group from 30 fish a week to a paltry 4, for no good reason has to lead to smaller landings also.

10 hours ago, bob_G said:

Just keep repeating to yourself, the fishery is in fine shape and we have nothing to worry about. :dismay:

yep, supplies are endless!

I hope they kill them all off so I can stop fishing for stripers. Get rid of mediocre crappy fishing to just straight up no fish. Then it will be an easier choice to quit fishing. 

11 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I hope they kill them all off so I can stop fishing for stripers. Get rid of mediocre crappy fishing to just straight up no fish. Then it will be an easier choice to quit fishing. 

Why wait?

Heard from a commercial buddy that Monday was terrible. Curious how Thursday went and what the updated total is for the season?

56 mins ago, ged said:

Heard from a commercial buddy that Monday was terrible. Curious how Thursday went and what the updated total is for the season?

Thursday was even worse. Bigger fish moved out. When it gets slow like this most guys don’t even fish. With tuna fishing as good as it is right now most guys are doing that as well. Historically mid July has always been slow for me. 

Rhode Island closed their season yesterday took them 8 days at 5 fish per day to fill the quota, granted their quota is only 112k pounds, but there's been tons of bass in RI if you look in the right areas over there, not just talking about block too. Also RI is open like MA in finfish, its restricted so there is not a giant amount of commercial fisherman

Edited by canalsharpie

2 hours ago, colby157 said:

Thursday was even worse. Bigger fish moved out. When it gets slow like this most guys don’t even fish. With tuna fishing as good as it is right now most guys are doing that as well. Historically mid July has always been slow for me. 

The price for tuna rn is cat food cheap. Not worth targeting them commercially at the moment