Fishing-Addict

Want to Trade 2 conventional rods for a surf spinning rod or a some low profile baitcasting reels preferably shimano or daiwa or just any fishing related item

8 posts in this topic

Hello Guys same 2 rods could not trade them last so here we are trying again. So these were given to me by an old timer on Long Island over 10+ years ago and have sat ever since. One is unmarked no brands as far as I can see is 5 feet long. The other made by Sea Isle a rod builder from Freeport LI and is 6 and a half feet long. They have have good solid guides no inserts. The wraps are solid and not unraveling. The clearcoat on the rods is yellowing from age. The 5 foot rod is extremely stiff barely bendable no clue what is used for I never ever used it maybe it’s and old tuna rod but I have no clue. It has no reel seat the guy who gave it to me said you need to clamp a conventional reel on it to fish it. The Sea isle rod has a metal reel seat with a nice wood rear grip. Both rods have metal gimbals. Also never used this rod and the action I would say is a heavy action. I have no use for these rods they just take up space. I want some sort of spinning rod for surf fishing, a surf fishing reel (an old penn or something like a 704). Or maybe a low profile baitcaster. Send me your offers I just want to see these rods used. Not asking for much in the previous post forum member Sudsy and rreelman said they were Harnell rods. I have no idea what value they have they just take up space and I would rather someone else use them. Additional info they have chromed brass reel seats however it does not say. It says Allan on it I attached a picture. The reel seat says Allan Des. Pat. 196517. 

20190629_133452[1].jpg

20190629_133504[1].jpg

20190629_133521[1].jpg

20190629_133528[1].jpg

20190629_133556[1].jpg

20190629_133606[1].jpg

20190629_133623[1].jpg

7 hours ago, Surf Rasta said:

You are missing the butt half of one of those rods 

Oh I had no idea they were just given too me for free so I guess he just gave me his unwanted stuff. I guess I only have 1.5 rods not 2. Thanks for the notice Rasta I honestly had no clue. There still up for trade an receiving anything is better than doing nothing with them.

Donate them to some kid or old guy who has less, go down by the Hudson or East River to find a worthy reciepiant. If you ever come North to Westchester, I will give you ‘free’ either a Penn 109, 209, an older Shimano Citica baitcaster, or a new Daiwa Sealine 11’ spinning rod!

2 hours ago, cheech said:

Donate them to some kid or old guy who has less, go down by the Hudson or East River to find a worthy reciepiant. If you ever come North to Westchester, I will give you ‘free’ either a Penn 109, 209, an older Shimano Citica baitcaster, or a new Daiwa Sealine 11’ spinning rod!

Would definitely give them to a kid but they are very heavy and fishing the east river requires a long pole a 6 footer wont do. I wont be going upstate in a long time thanks for the offer though.

2 hours ago, Gooch88 said:

Fishing addict anywhere close to the 11235 area I got some stuff I can give you if interested 

I live in the 11101 area it is the stop on vernon jackson on the 7 train (one stop before the grand central station going to Manhattan. I hardly ever go to Brooklyn. If you pass through or go to Manhattan hit me up. Thanks for the offer.

I actually work in the 10014 area

I have 2-conventional rods

Possible 

9’ - 10’ surf rod if it is still in my attic not 100% on this

1penn power stick 6’-6”

1 Shakespeare rod 7’

1 popper,1metal jig,1 bucktail and maybe some other stuff if i can find it 

boat rods not surf rods

but a lot younger in age compared to the rods you posted NO pun or disrespect intended in anyway. Maybe you can sell them to fund a surf rod. And also have some lure’si don’t use if interested you can have all of it for FREE FREE FREE . I’m always looking to help the fellow fisherman/woman in any way I can. I work next week Tuesday. 7/4. And a couple day that week aswell I can bring them to work and you can pick it up. 

50 mins ago, Gooch88 said:

I actually work in the 10014 area

I have 2-conventional rods

Possible 

9’ - 10’ surf rod if it is still in my attic not 100% on this

1penn power stick 6’-6”

1 Shakespeare rod 7’

1 popper,1metal jig,1 bucktail and maybe some other stuff if i can find it 

boat rods not surf rods

but a lot younger in age compared to the rods you posted NO pun or disrespect intended in anyway. Maybe you can sell them to fund a surf rod. And also have some lure’si don’t use if interested you can have all of it for FREE FREE FREE . I’m always looking to help the fellow fisherman/woman in any way I can. I work next week Tuesday. 7/4. And a couple day that week aswell I can bring them to work and you can pick it up. 

No disrespect on the age of the rods. I appreciate the offer. I will sell the rods and fund a surf rod. I think that stuff you listed would be better suited for someone who is just startingelse plenty of forum members helped me out alot already. Again much appreciate. Thread closed.