Skunked Again!

Rate this topic

Big Biscuit

Went out last night and soaked some chunks and all I caught were a bunch of smooth dog fish. What the hell is going on with this fishery? This spot was gauranteed  money for the last 5 years. I'd go there snag some bunker send out a bunker head and I'd be tight in the matter of minutes. Last year I had to work for a few fish, and this year has been abysmal. I really haven't seen any bunker this year and I'm really frustrated with the way things are going. I have this coming week off from work and will definitely be putting in some time and effort. Hopefully I will be rewarded with a stripah or two.  

Well I hope things improve,which would be easy from where things are right now.  I know there is bait around and I know there are some smallish bass,but man what a difference from yrs past.  I have yet to hear any news of blues in  the eastern LIS which also strange.  We used to have some quality size gator blues mixed in with Bass.

Water temps are low 60's on the incoming and rivers are 10 degrees warmer.

• 4 weeks later...

Out again this AM, covered about 20miles of coast line all of which have been producers in yrs past. A few hits and a small blue.  I even went to a few spots i haven't tried in 3yrs.  Not a pretty picture.  My favorite tackle shop has the same message. This is going to hurt the guys sell tackle and guides if production doesn't get going.  I'm now waiting for Albie season.