Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glenn carter

Penn battle 2 6000 spinning reel spooling line problem

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Read the manual and use the white spacers that came with the reel.  I can't remember which combination works to "de-pyramidize" the reel.  I had to do it with 2 Clashes, while my 2 Battle II were fine out of the box, go figure.

If the spool has less line on the bottom that means its not going up far enough. There is where you want to add washers. If you are using backing, you should take care to make that very level. Any stacking that is bottom or top heavy with backing is just going to lead to braid stacking issues. So if you are using backing start all over. I haven’t seen that issue on most of the new reels lately. If you can’t get it right and its brand new have it swapped out.

This reel came as a combo and it wasn’t in a box. Didn’t get any instructions or washers with it. The line is going on like a pyramid. More line at the bottom and less at the top. 

That means your spool is not going down far enough or it's sitting too high. Check that the spool  is seated correctly on the shaft. What it has for washers under the spool on the top of the shaft. You need at least one washer there so remove any extra ones. Removed the drag washers and check the order. That may be affecting the height at which the spool is sitting. If you put backing on the reel it has to lay perfectly level. Use thinner mono like 12 or 15lb test for best results.