Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OOB Fisherman

Beaches Part Deux

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Finally had a little luck off the beach last night after doing the Old Orchard Beach (unfishable - high surf) to Bay View (didn't

feel like paying for **1 hour minumum** parking 20 mins before cut off) to Ferry Beach (park was closed) to Sandy Bottom (guys lined up like chord wood) to Camp Ellis (too old/out of shape to risk taking a tumble in the dark/fog on the jetty) to finally landing somewhere in between (really not sure where....was a new beach to me). Got into fish almost right away, birds diving right in front of me, high surf, next to no seaweed, foggy as a ba***rd but all-in-all a good night. Landed 6 fish and lost a couple more, nothing too big but they were sucking down worms just as fast as I could fire them out there. 

glad to hear it  I just picked up some bait with plans to head out later tonight, will be more than happy to pick up a few been skunked the last few times out trying upriver with topwater lures but that bite has slowed down for me after having a few very good days about a week ago. I did see some pogies around the mouth of a river recently so I might start around there. thanks for the report 

Posted (edited) · Report post

36 mins ago, Nbourque said:

What was up with the surf?

I don’t know man but OOB was turned up quite a bit when I went down about 7:15 last night. It might have been fishable but I doubt it, waves weres coming in sideways. The further south I went the better it got, although once the fog set in it was a matter of hearing more than seeing. The beach I ended up at was tucked in a little bit not so much out in the bay, still had good sized waves but they weren’t breaking far off shore......had no issues whatsoever save for a string of seaweed here and there 

Edited by OOB Fisherman

16 mins ago, OOB Fisherman said:

I don’t know man but OOB was turned up quite a bit when I went down about 7:15 last night. It might have been fishable but I doubt it, waves weres coming in sideways. The further south I went the better it got, although once the fog set in it was a matter of hearing more than seeing. The beach I ended up at was tucked in a little bit not so much out in the bay, still had good sized waves but they weren’t breaking far off shore......had no issues whatsoever save for a string of seaweed here and there 

Weird. Maybe cuz of the storms that rolled thru last night? Surf was pretty calm Wednesday morning.