buz23

Trash washing up on the beach

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, z-man said:

I’ve been wasting a lot of money on paying for weekly trash pick up. I should just drive it out to sea...

:banghd:

If you think that would be cheaper, go for it!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here's the unidentified mystery object.

Failed to load picture on first try, see below.

Edited by buz23

Apparently this is an egg casing from an Apple Murex.  Scant info I can find indicates it (formerly) had a more southern distribution, although it is common in UK.

IMG_20190630_203522(1) (800x600).jpg

Edited by buz23

51 mins ago, MakoMike said:

:laugh:

I'm terrible on so many levels! But you all do come to my town and trash it non-stop.........

Edited by robc22

I've gotten into the habit of picking up a few pieces of trash each time I visit the beach. Can be anything from old lures, which are a neat find, to something nasty like syringes and shards of metal (please use caution when handling). The last thing I want is some kid stepping on something dangerous that was left behind or washed up. But hey, can those of us with good intentions offset the slobs out there? Who knows.

My favorite offense was when   anglers would un-spool their reels into the wake of a moving party-boat before putting on fresh line ,    and cut it off to cause environmental and mechanical (picked up in boat prop) havoc. Whenever I would see this I would ask the person if I could have the line, When asked what I wanted it for I would reply "My wife is knitting me a sweater." I got a few strange looks, but put many miles of mono into the trash instead of the water.

19 hours ago, robc22 said:

I'm terrible on so many levels! But you all do come to my town and trash it non-stop.........

Moi? I haven’t been on a beach in MA in like forever!

On 7/2/2019 at 6:15 AM, dieselgrady said:

Whenever I would see this I would ask the person if I could have the line, When asked what I wanted it for I would reply "My wife is knitting me a sweater." I got a few strange looks, but put many miles of mono into the trash instead of the water.

Haha that's a clever response you have. I'll have to remember it for the future and think up something similar to use. (And just think how many knitting projects you could complete with all that old line...)