SouthCoastSurfFishermen

Weekend of 6/28-7/7 Fishing Expectations

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Anyone headed out along the so-co shorelines to pound some surf/jetty action this weekend into the long weekend upcoming? The abundance of bait, water temps, and wind directions are looking up. Plus the forecasted unstable atmospheric pressure with these storms should make for a good weekend to breakout the dry-wear and get some big girls to play. 

9E288ACF-F6DF-4B74-8902-4CA64CAB343E.jpeg

I will be out tonight and a few nights next week.  Too many family and friend obligations this upcoming week to do as much fishing as i would like.  Then a week at a beach house in Ctown = Drinking and bait fishing to change things up (at least the bait fishing is a change)..

I usually don't fish weekends because of the influx of goog's but thanks to the crappy fishing the crowds have been light.  I'm working 6A-6P all weekend but I'll probably go out for a few hours around sundown.

1 hour ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

Got into my first green bean yesterday late afternoon as tide turned around in SoCo. 

7D608576-CDEE-4418-9A8B-6452F5F4F1FD.jpeg

F900CB1C-38EC-444B-AD7E-3AB99441AF84.jpeg

F69EE9DE-3762-4FE1-BFA0-C513A0D9041C.jpeg

No kidding, nice!  

I recognize that rock...might have to check it tonight.  Are they showing on top?

3 hours ago, chewwy said:

green beans == bones?

Green beans....Like it as much as funnyfish. 

Not an enormous fan of hitting SoCo around the 4th for serious fishing. It gets too crawly/googy and would probably go for 50/50 social and fishing if went. Following week....hit it hard and normally do very well.

Woah, Kooky baitfishing? I always pictured you out there religiously slinging mag's with a redgill at all hours of the night. This to me is a "fishery is in trouble" tell right here.

22 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Green beans....Like it as much as funnyfish. 

Not an enormous fan of hitting SoCo around the 4th for serious fishing. It gets too crawly/googy and would probably go for 50/50 social and fishing if went. Following week....hit it hard and normally do very well.

Woah, Kooky baitfishing? I always pictured you out there religiously slinging mag's with a redgill at all hours of the night. This to me is a "fishery is in trouble" tell right here.

:laugh:

True story. I never bait fish, other than eels or

shiners! But have fun w kids throwing bait, it’s a nice change of pace. I don’t have the patience or attention span for bait fishing otherwise. 

Love Bait 

57 mins ago, Kooky said:

:laugh:

True story. I never bait fish, other than eels or

shiners! But have fun w kids throwing bait, it’s a nice change of pace. I don’t have the patience or attention span for bait fishing otherwise. 

Loved bait fishing with my kids.  Got my son hooked on fishing / surf casting from bait fishing.  He's 16 now and we sometimes still go just for fun.  

This week should be very good as the new moon is the 2nd but its always tough to find empty spot(s) on the nights of the 3rd and 4th. Traffic around the shoreline is usually nuts too on those evenings.