makorider

Are libs smelling the stink of inevitability?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Whether its here in the PG, or at work....anyone else noticing your favorite lib punching bags are somewhat reserved, if not flat out quiet?

Certainly not excited as one would expect after two nights of debates.

I'd love to hear what they're really thinking....

Anyone confided in a lib lately?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes.....in the office the pseudo fact quoting and preaching has turned into orange jokes only for about the last month.

They “all” know. The more civilized of them keeps quiet and the less intelligent double down by just insulting the president. They are dying on the inside. 

Edited by aae0130

Just now, makorider said:

Whether its here in the PG, or at work....anyone else noticing your favorite lib punching bags are somewhat reserved, if not flat out quiet?

Certainly not excited as one would expect after two nights of debates.

I'd love to hear what they're really thinking....

Anyone confided in a lib lately?

My mom is a very liberal Democrat. I had dinner with her last night and she said, “they all seemed kind of crazy,” speaking of the JV debate. She is a Jimmy Carter/Bill Clinton Democrat and said she doesn’t really recognize the party of old in the party of new. 

The ones in my office went gaga over the report of Coumo over in Israel this week. They all believe he is waiting for the dead wood in the current crop of candidates to drop off and come in when the primary season gets in to full battle mode. 

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

My mom is a very liberal Democrat. I had dinner with her last night and she said, “they all seemed kind of crazy,” speaking of the JV debate. She is a Jimmy Carter/Bill Clinton Democrat and said she doesn’t really recognize the party of old in the party of new. 

I suspect millions are like her.  The question is: will she vote for the new Dem party anyway? Is insane better than evil Rs ?

4 mins ago, hamlet said:

I suspect millions are like her.  The question is: will she vote for the new Dem party anyway? Is insane better than evil Rs ?

Another question, will they vote at all and in doing so, send a message to the DNC to pull their heads in and their socks up.

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, Billybob said:

Frank is convinced that Trump loses.

Well, unless the Russians.

He might be due to be right about something

But then he also knows that opposing the conservatives here gets him big steaming piles of the warm fuzzy noogies he needs

Edited by hamlet

I would say this is a realization that none of the candidates are a lock on winning versus Trump. As noted, many heard stuff they don’t believe in. Others saw very "small" people. Still others unlikable people. No clear Trump-beater. 

But, when a nominee is ultimately selected, most Dems will coalesce around him/her and most will vote Dem. Just as I and millions of others were ABC voters in 2016, 2020 will be the year of ABT voters, especially in the states that matter. 

DNC 2020 slogan: "Harris/Buttifudge may not be the best candidates, but they’re the best we’ve got". 

On 6/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, saltydawg said:

That is almost exactly what my Dad said to me when McGovern ran for President back in 1972.  My dad and mom were Italian immigrants and always voted Dem. but at the end, my father voted for Nixon.  He thought the Dems had gone off the rails.  "Who the f--- are these people."  I also moved from left (JFK Dem.) to right (Reagan Rep.) during the 70s.  The Dems keep getting more and more radical and more and more stupid.  Unfortunately, they appeal to large and stupid and helpless or power mad segments within our society.  I believe this is natural and the slow death of our nation.  Liberalism is Leprosy, in part because it never stops getting worse and worse.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:18 AM, Dave S said:

The ones in my office went gaga over the report of Coumo over in Israel this week. They all believe he is waiting for the dead wood in the current crop of candidates to drop off and come in when the primary season gets in to full battle mode. 

You’re ****ting me? Cuomo? :laugh:

The man is dumber then Biden! 

The Libs here have been very quiet. Sad actually. They probably finally realize how crappy their party really is. 

Don’t worry Libs. Every poll says whatever candidate you run beats Trump 

On 6/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, makorider said:

if not flat out quiet?

I attribute it to dissention amongst the intelligencia ranks.

Late night TV in all of its forms is massively important to progressive group-think.  They arent all on the same page yet, and thinking on ones own is such a chore.

It'll tighten up, dont worry.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:18 AM, Dave S said:

Which Cuomo? The old man, the governor or the pundit? 

I'm thinking that even though the father is dead, he could be propped up on a debate stage with this group of candidates and hold his own.

The black dude on Meet the Press, when talking about how the Democrat party can win over the moderates, said “We don’t need you.” Definitely learned their lesson from the last election. 

Edited by saltydawg