eddy

how can any Democrat not vote for Biden

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

Times have changed.

Groper in Chief is not what Democrats want this time around.

Biden was only an Obama insurance policy, insuring against his assassination. Even the most racist Democrats didn't want Biden as President.

If Biden was going to take his shot it should have been in the last election, but he passed and lost any momentum being  the incumbent VP would have given him. After watching the debates, the Dems obviously haven't taken any real measures to correct their blunders from last time. Harris had him dead to rights last night, not a good showing for Biden at all. I know a lot of people are saying that the Dems should put a centrist up, but if you look at previous elections, all the dems that took the presidency were outliers in one way or another. Right now it just looks like a clown show. 

32 mins ago, slowroller said:

Right now it just looks like a clown show. 

who's your choice as of now? 

Or, do you assume the winner will come from outside of this group of 20 or 21?

1 min ago, 55555s said:

who's your choice as of now? 

Or, do you assume the winner will come from outside of this group of 20 or 21?

For me it's still too early to make a pick and it's a long way to the primaries. I don't think Biden will be around too much longer, Bernie doesn't have the same mojo as last time, Beto bricked it, Buttigieg seemed to hold his own, but I don't think he can bridge the gap from mayor to president. Gillibrand, Gabbard, Booker, and Klobuchar didn't make much of an impression. Harris and Warren seemed to have put themselves out ahead, and the others, who 95% of the country have never heard of, are doing a disservice by sucking up oxygen that the Dems desperately need. Dems need a big bold personality who can unite the centrists and progressives with realistic vision, but at this point it seems like that unicorn hasn't shown up yet. Big part of why I left the Democratic party, too much infighting and not enough getting **** done. 

2 hours ago, eddy said:

Uncle Joe Biden was one step away from being President when he was Vice President.

Why was it acceptable back then but not now?

Because he's aged badly.  He doesn't look up to it, now. 

Assuming that a Democrat wins the White House in 2020, the new President will have a problem that no President in modern times has faced. His predecessor will not go away.  Former President Trump will be on the TV every day, on Fox, denouncing and accusing, and acting as a government in exile. He'll be the complete opposite of Obama, Bush, Bush, etc. This will be good for the Democrats in the long term because Trump will suck up the oxygen that the GOP will need. His need for attention and Fox's need for ratings will coincide well enough to keep the Donald Trump show in progress for as long as he's alive. Judge Moore can paralyze the GOP in one state; Trump can do it nationally. 

Biden is not up to coping with that, not at this point in his life. The new President will need to be a good counter-puncher, who can deliver a sharp riposte to every accusation that Trump delivers, and preferably in a pithy fashion that suits the Age of Tweet. Gabbard, Harris, maybe Buttagieg, even Di Blasio, can do that. Biden cannot, and I don't think Bernie Sanders can do it either, nor Elizabeth Warren. IMHO.

1% Joe isn't going to even get 1% this time.

Face it Dems.  You are a bunch of losers, with loser candidates, and loser ideas for this Country.

I guess running on a "trump sucks" platform just isn't going to get the job done.  You may want to come up with some actual policies that are going to help the American people.  Taxing the hell out of them all isn't it either.