Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishtheeast

Lamiglas GSB 111OS and 101OS

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with these rods? How it handles the 3-7 oz range, power, casting etc. 

The 11ft vs 10ft?

“Old school” vs the regular ones?

What reel you have with it or would recommend for it?

I am thinking of getting one and using it for heavy plugs at the canal and throwing metal lips and eels at beaches/boulder fields. Pairing with my vs 200 or gosa 8k 

Thank you! 

I have a 1201M (OS) that I built for larger plugs, rigged eels and light jigging. The goal was to have a rod that would fill in the gaps between the 1201L I use from the beach and the rainshadow 1208 that is my main canal rod and it fit that application perfectly. It threw 2-4 great but I didn’t really go much heavier than that so I can’t provide much insight about the top of the range you asked about. Sadly all my decent fish so far this season have come on the other two rods so I’m haven’t really put the OS through it’s paces yet. I have full confidence it will do the job though. 

Mine is a conventional which I’m starting to regret, and will likely re-wrap it spinning. I don’t have the 2 reels you mentioned but based in the their weights either should be fine. 

12 hours ago, strats'n'stripers said:

I have a 1201M (OS) that I built for larger plugs, rigged eels and light jigging. The goal was to have a rod that would fill in the gaps between the 1201L I use from the beach and the rainshadow 1208 that is my main canal rod and it fit that application perfectly. It threw 2-4 great but I didn’t really go much heavier than that so I can’t provide much insight about the top of the range you asked about. Sadly all my decent fish so far this season have come on the other two rods so I’m haven’t really put the OS through it’s paces yet. I have full confidence it will do the job though. 

Mine is a conventional which I’m starting to regret, and will likely re-wrap it spinning. I don’t have the 2 reels you mentioned but based in the their weights either should be fine. 

Thanks! Hopefully you get a good one with that rod soon. 

3 hours ago, fishtheeast said:

Thanks! Hopefully you get a good one with that rod soon. 

Thanks, I won’t be back down until the fall. Hopefully there will be a few still kicking around.