Billy77

VANS 25th Anniv. WARPED TOUR this weekend in AC...Who's going??

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Been going for the last 5 years and love it! I always take the kids but I think I have a bigger blast than they do! LOL

I am fortunate enough to go the ALL ACCESS way so I get them to meet all the bands behind the scenes and enjoy a different way to see a show on stage should they want.

At 52 I just love going to shows and having my kids, and of course ME, meet the bands without spending the CASH for those ridiculous high priced MEET and GREETS.

Was always way too commercial for my tastes. Catered more to teeny boppers and jocks going through a "punk phase." Always a few good acts on the bill though. 

Regardless of my tastes, that's pretty rad for your kids. 

I don't see a single act here I would walk 10 feet to see, let alone go to Atlantic City and deal with a huge horde of dosed-on-drugs waynebags to see.

Maybe it's me. Or maybe I'm just officially old. :shrug:

warped-tour-atlantic-city.jpg

I remember when it started. I never went and don’t regret it. I’ve known ppl that told me it’s a super great time. Hope it is for anyone who goes to it. I was at Ozzfest 99. Nothing competes with that.

10 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

I remember when it started. I never went and don’t regret it. I’ve known ppl that told me it’s a super great time. Hope it is for anyone who goes to it. I was at Ozzfest 99. Nothing competes with that.

Dork. 

25 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

Dork. 

If you were at Ozzfest 99 the crowd would have chanted that about you. Or you woulda gotten such a contact high that you’d finally have exited the closet on a rocket ship.

Good on you for taking your kids and giving them the opportunity to experience what most kids never get a chance to see the backstage pass world.   It's a totally different vibe from the entertainment angle, it's not all drugs and alcohol.   There's a lot of kinship and comrade for these bands.

Have fun!  

8 hours ago, Jdeadman66 said:

If you were at Ozzfest 99 the crowd would have chanted that about you. Or you woulda gotten such a contact high that you’d finally have exited the closet on a rocket ship.

I was at Camden.