flyangler

Second Debate Night - Did Joe Really Show His Age? Who Won?

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

In NYC before heading to Europe so did not watch. Did peak in for the closing 15 minutes which started with the question to Swalwell on guns - Anyone who thinks your black rifles are safe if any of those people are elected is crazy. 

Then came the summations I think. Harris was particularly good I thought, delivering the kind of summation a prosecutor would to a jury at the conclusion of the trial's evidentiary stage. Sharp, to the point, and well scripted. To those who saw it, is the following an accurate description? 

Oh, and what was with Sanders, did he scream all night long? The anger in his summation was palpable. 

Jim Geraghty:

The headline out of tonight’s debate is going to be Kamala Harris starting off the second hour by turning to Joe Biden and just kicking the snot out of him on the previously long-forgotten issue of forced busing in Delaware. No older white male wants to get into a fight about racism with a younger African-American woman in a Democratic presidential primary. Biden tried to defend himself by first contrasting his work as a defense attorney with Harris’ record as a prosecutor, then moved on to a not terribly convincing, “I did not oppose busing in America; I opposed busing ordered by the Department of Education,” and then he cut himself off. Septuagenarians who have been in the Senate longer than I’ve been alive should probably avoid the term, “my time is up.” Biden would have been better off defending his stance on the merits, declaring that busing kids across town to new schools away from their homes was angering parents and exacerbating racial tensions instead of healing them.

One night won’t sink the Joe Biden campaign, but boy, did he look like he had a glass jaw, and he also seems to have aged a decade since he left the vice presidency. When asked what his first priority as president would be, Biden answered that it would be defeating Donald Trump.

Edited by tomkaz

The freak show at the circus was always a big money maker...thanks to today's Democrats it has been resurrected to perfection. Trump is going to eat them alive...

10 mins ago, swnoel said:

The freak show at the circus was always a big money maker...thanks to today's Democrats it has been resurrected to perfection. Trump is going to eat them alive...

All US equity markets posed to head higher this morning after last night, realizing that if that’s the best the Dems have to offer, Trump's re-election looks more likely.  

Being Democrats, I would have thought they would divide the debate up by blacks and whites.  They thought better of it.

640px-JimCrowInDurhamNC.jpg

Edited by Little

Uncle Joe is toast. Kamala ate him up.

The rest are done as well.

It is open borders and Free Healthcare and just about everything else for anyone that can get here and the US tax payers get to pay for it.

I would say the election is over as of last night.

The Dems no longer care about the welfare and safety of US citizens they are supposed to represent.

Reparations for the world.

Edited by Jay Blair

As with clown show #1, Trump and America was clearly the winner as the masks come off as thinking folks who could stomach watching it got a frightening view of what could be in store if one of these clowns gets the 2020 nod.

The first debate round featured more pandering to Hispanics in the form of candidates randomly breaking out their Spanish. This did not come across as genuine. The second debate round featured all ten Democrats saying they would extend government health insurance to illegal immigrants. In both debates, only two candidates supported eradicating all private health insurance. Interestingly, many candidates consistently argued for a compromise, moving in the direction of socialized health care but not eradicating private insurance.

Attacks on Trump came sparsely in the first round, but frequently in the second round. The two debates had entirely different spirits, and the first round was a better debate than the second. The clearest winners were Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg. Notable mentions include Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard, and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand. The clearest losers were Beto O'Rourke, Joe Biden, and Amy Klobuchar.

- Tyler O'Neil at PJMedia

Jack Brewer, African American former investment banker, on Fox Business right now saying his skin crawled watching the debates as the Democrats favored immigrants over black Americans. "These people have lost their minds". 

If any of those tools are elected, with majority in the House and Senate , our nation will cease to recognizable. W  T  F  ? Do they actually believe destroying the economic engine that drives the nation is a good thing.

12 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Kamala ate them all up...but it’s scary because she is pretty damned radical. 

Next to bootygig she is probably the most practiced at that particular skill. 

Edited by Rickman

Bernie said he wanted to raise taxes on the middle class, but we get free healthcare. Well Bernie, I have good healthcare at my job. He's out, and with the way hje's looking he won't survive another year or two anyway thankfully.

And nothing is more fun than watching the party of the unhinged pull the race card on each other. I think in a few years Democrats won't allow white people in their party