oax

Glock NY1 and 3.5# Connector

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

 

Changed out the stock trigger on my G26 with a NY1 spring and 3.5# connector.  Took it to the range today and first impression was this was a good mod.  Stiffer take up, nice break and fast reset; overall feels more like a DA revolver.  My usual carry is a S&W 442 and I'm breaking in a Kahr CM9 so all three carry pieces should hopefully end up having similar triggers which I feel is a good thing.  Has anyone else tried this mod on your Glock and if so how did it work out for you?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one in a G23. I liked it. That’s a worthwhile mod. It was the snappiness of the pistol that turned me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, D1fishr said:

I had one in a G23. I liked it. That’s a worthwhile mod. It was the snappiness of the pistol that turned me off.

 

Good to hear someone else tried this mod and found it an improvement over the stock setup, thanks for the feedback.  Never a fan of the .40 myself, AFAIC the added recoil and expense of ammo isn't worth it over a 9mm.  You may have liked the G19 better than the G23. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, oax said:

 

Good to hear someone else tried this mod and found it an improvement over the stock setup, thanks for the feedback.  Never a fan of the .40 myself, AFAIC the added recoil and expense of ammo isn't worth it over a 9mm.  You may have liked the G19 better than the G23. 

 

100% agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Had hoped to get some additional feedback and surprised nobody else has tried this mod.  Wonder if anyone has tried different modifications for a Glock trigger that worked out or do you guys prefer to just leave them stock?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 3.5 # ghost connector and a cmc in my G43. I hate shooting it. Conceals well and with a couple +2 mags and one in the pipe I don't feel undergunned. The +2 helps with my grip . Big hands small pistol. I've trained with it pretty extensively . Destroys my trigger finger reliably. Still would rather carry and shoot my .380 . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Adam-_888 said:

I have a 3.5 # ghost connector and a cmc in my G43. I hate shooting it. Conceals well and with a couple +2 mags and one in the pipe I don't feel undergunned. The +2 helps with my grip . Big hands small pistol. I've trained with it pretty extensively . Destroys my trigger finger reliably. Still would rather carry and shoot my .380 . 

 

Never shot a G43.  Don’t know if it's hype or factual but seems that a number of people have trigger issues with that particualr model.  The CMC and Ghost cost some $$$; do you hate shooting it due to it’s size or because you're just not satisfied with the trigger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, oax said:

 

Good to hear someone else tried this mod and found it an improvement over the stock setup, thanks for the feedback.  Never a fan of the .40 myself, AFAIC the added recoil and expense of ammo isn't worth it over a 9mm.  You may have liked the G19 better than the G23. 

 

I went with a G27 for the CCW piece. My original desire was to get a G36, which felt perfect in the hand and recoil was really well balanced, but the expense while killing paper would have been much greater than with the .40. I should have shot one before I bought it because it is a jumpy little pistol. I ran 4 mags through it and went right to the shop to get the mag extensions. It was more manageable after that, but I still want it to have a more balanced recoil like the G36 did. Would you say the mods you did would be a good candidate? I’ve also considered swapping the recoil rod out, but didn’t really do enough reading to see which poundage I should go for to gain the desired effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

I went with a G27 for the CCW piece. My original desire was to get a G36, which felt perfect in the hand and recoil was really well balanced, but the expense while killing paper would have been much greater than with the .40. I should have shot one before I bought it because it is a jumpy little pistol. I ran 4 mags through it and went right to the shop to get the mag extensions. It was more manageable after that, but I still want it to have a more balanced recoil like the G36 did. Would you say the mods you did would be a good candidate? I’ve also considered swapping the recoil rod out, but didn’t really do enough reading to see which poundage I should go for to gain the desired effect. 

 

Not surprised you find the G27 a bit jumpy but the pinky extensions should help and you might want to consider adding a set of Talon grip panels as well; I find they do help out with certain pistols.  As far as this trigger mod goes, I don't see it enhancing the overall handling of your new gun and people seem to either like it or hate it; not too many in between.  


The NY1 (olive color) spring and 3.5# connector will cost about you about $15 and 10 minutes of your time to install.  Shoot it a bit and see if you like the feel, if not in 10 minutes you can put it back to the original configuration; it's simple and not much time or money invested to try it.  Doubt you'd want this setup on a serious target gun but I find the takeup, break and reset better and think it works well for a CCW piece particularly if you also carry a revolver in your rotation.  Personally feel there is a benefit to having similar triggers on your carry guns; YMMV. Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, oax said:

 

Not surprised you find the G27 a bit jumpy but the pinky extensions should help and you might want to consider adding a set of Talon grip panels as well; I find they do help out with certain pistols.  As far as this trigger mod goes, I don't see it enhancing the overall handling of your new gun and people seem to either like it or hate it; not too many in between.  


The NY1 (olive color) spring and 3.5# connector will cost about you about $15 and 10 minutes of your time to install.  Shoot it a bit and see if you like the feel, if not in 10 minutes you can put it back to the original configuration; it's simple and not much time or money invested to try it.  Doubt you'd want this setup on a serious target gun but I find the takeup, break and reset better and think it works well for a CCW piece particularly if you also carry a revolver in your rotation.  Personally feel there is a benefit to having similar triggers on your carry guns; YMMV. Good luck!

 

I’ve been shooting it for years and by now I’m just sort of used to it, it’s broken in decently or a combination of both, but any improvement to its performance would be considered. Since it’s only $15 it can’t hurt to give it a try. I’ll look into the talon grips as well. Thank you :th:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, oax said:

 

Never shot a G43.  Don’t know if it's hype or factual but seems that a number of people have trigger issues with that particualr model.  The CMC and Ghost cost some $$$; do you hate shooting it due to it’s size or because you're just not satisfied with the trigger?

I am accurate with it at defensive distance . It is very reliable. I make sure to take it to the range regularly so I am comfortable with it. No matter what trigger I run it pinches my fingertip under the trigger while firing and then it drags the pinched finger forward on the reset. Gives me a blister. No matter how I try to adjust to it. I trust it 100% . I have fat fingers and rather large working hands. If it had a 1911 style trigger like my p238 I would love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adam-_888 said:

I am accurate with it at defensive distance . It is very reliable. I make sure to take it to the range regularly so I am comfortable with it. No matter what trigger I run it pinches my fingertip under the trigger while firing and then it drags the pinched finger forward on the reset. Gives me a blister. No matter how I try to adjust to it. I trust it 100% . I have fat fingers and rather large working hands. If it had a 1911 style trigger like my p238 I would love it.

That's a tough one to deal with; you're far more patient than I would have been with it.  Hey at least it's a good shooter and you trust it, so all in all not the worst situation.  Maybe when you retire and stop working your fingers will slim down and fit better :).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 9:01 PM, Adam-_888 said:

I am accurate with it at defensive distance . It is very reliable. I make sure to take it to the range regularly so I am comfortable with it. No matter what trigger I run it pinches my fingertip under the trigger while firing and then it drags the pinched finger forward on the reset. Gives me a blister. No matter how I try to adjust to it. I trust it 100% . I have fat fingers and rather large working hands. If it had a 1911 style trigger like my p238 I would love it.

If it’s a GEN4, Brownells has a drop in flat trigger by Agency Arms that may improve the issue for you. I haven’t used one, but it has decent ratings and seems like something that could help. I happened across it while looking up the connector and spring oax mentioned in his OP. They aren’t cheap, as oax said, but if it makes the pistol more enjoyable for you to shoot, what’s another $135?

 

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/trigger-parts/triggers/drop-in-flat-trigger-for-glock--prod81913.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.