Drewtuna1993

WTB Fluke Spinning Rod

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wtb Fluke inshore spinning rod to go along with a 2000/3000 size reel , for fishing for fluke off piers and boat docks. 7' fast action, like to stay under 100.00 as its for my niece to get her started, was going to buy an ugly stik gl rod but wanted to see what u guys have, need to be a pickup in the NJ can drive a bit, also foam eva grips please. Pics and prices thanks

Edited by Drewtuna1993

Drew

I have an outer banks outfitters rated 10 to 20 with a Fierce 4000 spooled with 20 lb power pro in excellent condition. $85.00 for the combo or $40.00 for the rod. I know you said foam grips but the price is hard to beat. Can meet you in the Woobridge area during the week.

Bob

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

If we're talking about a kid, I have a 6 1/2' Penn Squadron she can have for free, compliments of Shark River Surf Anglers and the SRSA Spring Lake Kids Trout tournament

PM me

Sudsy thanks for the offer but pass that on to a kid in need, again thanks for the offer. Surfcaster thanks but needs to be foam grips she has a reaction to cork for some reason. The price is amazing great deal if I can't find something I'll be in touch maybe have the handles wrapped thanks for the offer.

Do you have to buy something (i.e. wrapped as a gift)?

The cheapest option if you buy is a bass rod. Cherry wood (?BPS, not sure about cork) is frequently touted by one of the kayak guys on here. Personally I used freshwater largemouth/smallmouth and yellow perch light and medium rods for years. Rinsed with water. They are all still good. 

I undoubtedly have something laying around she could have. I’ll look if you’re interested. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a Daiwa Shad Caster ML 7' I got a while ago from the UK. It's a pretty fast action rod and I think can comfortably cast 3/4 oz but I only used it for FW and only casted 5/8 oz so far. I'd be willing to part with it for $60. 

I also have an Okuma SST MH 7' 6" rated to 1 oz that I would get rid of for $35. I'm located in Matawan, NJ. I'll sell both for $80 if you're interested as a combo. 

Both rods look brand new but I used the SST a bit last summer for schoolies and fluke. 

Didn't see the note about EVA grips, sorry!

AA55DF97-AC14-4AB1-A485-EA222B8D550E.jpeg

8ED53B25-2D4D-4FF5-8DE4-DA18790A0B4F.jpeg

2762AD32-CD3D-4C68-BA9D-E50E801CDAB6.jpeg

B7AF59A2-3162-46F3-BC6E-815A84200A89.jpeg

Edited by TinyTrout